• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

when will killington be sold?

kzonesucks

powdr has owned k for 4 years? if that's so we could be in business:-o powdr could be looking to sell k after the 5th year. bring back an owner that understands the culture of this "institution". thank you.:cry::cry:

kzonesucks

What kinds of things would you like to see changed?

april & may open from 9am-5pm everyday, more chair lifts & trails open weather permitting, parties on bear & kbl decks sat & sundays, reduced day ticket prices as spring season goes from 100 to 20 trails or less, advertise and put spring back into the culture of killington:beer::p

bobbutts

It's just another ski area now, main difference vs. other areas is the roster of disappointed, aging fanboys.

We're not booking an all inclusive family ski week for $5k when we go late season, so it is not worth it for them. Think the new owner (if that happens) will be any different really?

kzonesucks

It's just another ski area now, main difference vs. other areas is the roster of disappointed, aging fanboys.

We're not booking an all inclusive family ski week for $5k when we go late season, so it is not worth it for them. Think the new owner (if that happens) will be any different really?

sad, isn't it?

2knees

i was very disappointed this morning to still see blue.

I was disssssapointed to see these guys banned. Would've been fun for a while.

and no, i'm not pointing fingers at mods or screaming about censorship. just woulda added some entertainment.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
i was very disappointed this morning to still see blue.
I didn't even think about it

and no, i'm not pointing fingers at mods or screaming about censorship. just woulda added some entertainment.
+1 Free gss. Edit: ha ha :lol:

You're one of the few people I know who actually likes the switch to green... The only other whack job that comes to mind is Greg... :roll:
I don't really care either way. I like the concept of the switch, but the green takes some getting used to on the eyes. :puke:

gmcunni

You're one of the few people I know who actually likes the switch to green... The only other whack job that comes to mind is Greg... :roll:

the best part of the change over to green is the subsequent change back to blue in the fall :idea:

Last edited:

highpeaksdrifter

I'm with ya 2knees... a little entertainment is a good thing.

For summer entertainment Nick should unban GSS….he could be idiotic at times and irritating…but he was basically harmless and entertaining in his own narcissistic way. Some mods had an ax to grind with him, but I’d bet the vast majority of members would like to see him back. If he caused problems it would be easy to ban him again…what’s the so hard about that? Its been almost 2 years...sentence served...he did nothing to deserve a life time ban.

I personally don’t like to see people banned unless they are threatening members or their presence is so obnoxious it makes it impossible for the forum to function…GSS was a long way from that.

dbking

I agree... Bring back GSS! He did his time. This site could use a little more GSS, especially in the Summer.
Were these last two trolls kicked out for what I can see or for something that got deleted? It seems like bitching about Killington is business as usual around here.