• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

11/10 Gathering Contingency Plans

What alternatives work best for you (select all that apply, public poll)?

• Earn turns at Killington on 11/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2knees

i'm no mathematical wiz but it seems like your poll percentages are adding up to about 124%

Grassi21

Nobody replied to this, but I'm partly serious...

I wish. I have a rehearsal dinner on Sat. at 2:30. I was thinking half-day but the wife needs to go for hair and nails.

Greg

Staff member
I wish. I have a rehearsal dinner on Sat. at 2:30. I was thinking half-day but the wife needs to go for hair and nails.

Who the hell plans a wedding during ski season? I actually just went to a wedding this weekend. One of my concerns when I first heard about it was that it was during the start of ski season. It seems now though that early November is no longer part of lift-serviced skiing in the NE... :roll:

So...we really have some takers for a Belleayre thing?

Sky

re: Belleayre...I'm out.

Like Greg, I found myself quite grumpt today. ThHe gray sky, the "cool" temps, leaves off the trees....man, it felt like snow to me.

Looking at those other dates...I'm hard pressed to pick a good one. Visitors on Thanksgiving, Buisiness on Dec 8th (Wa Race League kick-off mtg on the night of the 7th).

Anything after that presses on holiday prep, family events etc. I rarely get on snow before Christmas for just such reasons.

I'll be looking for opportunities though. Something about a blind squirrel finding a nut?

Greg, valliant effort pal.

Greg

Staff member
Greg, valliant effort pal.

Thanks, Sky. If you asked me a week ago, I'd say we are golden. We had a group of 13 strong commited to heading up. I've been reeling since Friday, serously. I'll get over it, but man, am I disappointed...

That's exactly why I'm seriously considering Belleayre...just to say this whole situation didn't beat me...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Thanks, Sky. If you asked me a week ago, I'd say we are golden. We had a group of 13 strong commited to heading up. I've been reeling since Friday, serously. I'll get over it, but man, am I disappointed...

That's exactly why I'm seriously considering Belleayre...just to say this whole situation didn't beat me...

Greg, we got a whole winter ahead of us! :spread:

Greg

Staff member
Greg, we got a whole winter ahead of us! :spread:

What the hell's the matter with you? That's the silliest statement I ever read. Sure....easy for you to say - you earned some turns this weekend... ;)

Seriously though; my goal is 30+ days this season. With two little ones, I need to get them in when I plan them. I was hoping for 2 or maybe 3 days this month to help get me started. Based on my schedule right now - it looks like one, at best. Plus I just wanna ski!!!!

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I'm out. I was pulling strings and tempting fate to take this Friday off in the first place so it's best that I just go to work and wait a little while longer...

thetrailboss

Staff member
Belleayre is out for me. I find it interesting that they are opening considering the weather. And am down to one car....