• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/24-25/08 Storm Speculation Thread

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
lr121708.png

looking good for setting up nice bases and xmas freshies. wintry mix on the cape, but oh well. better than nothing. Im itching to plan more ski days after these multiple consecutive events. thank you ULLR!! :snow: :snow:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Well, the NWS is much more measured in their comment on these two days, saying, in effect, "its too early to tell"

WEDNESDAY...LITTLE CHANGE TO YDYS 4 PM KBOX FCST TEMPS. ADDED POPS
AND QPF. COMPLEX EVOLUTION AS A SECONDARY TRIES TO DEVELOP OVER SNE.
MULTI PTYPE.

ccskier

Hopefully the ride from the Cape to Jay won't be too bad xmas day. Looking forward to 10 days of skiing.

ccskier

I have to make the drive up to MRG from the cape on sunday. after battling post-game traffic at gilette. yikes. How long does it usually take you to get to jay from the cape?

It is about 310 miles from driveway to driveway. Depending on traffic, etc... 5 hours is about right, have made it in less and taken 9 hours before. Doing between 70-85, about 5 hours w/ a quick stop. There are two ways to go, 93 to 91 to Orleans, VT, I go 93-89 to Stowe, then about an hour 15 from there.

Greg

Staff member
looks like its just ice,rain and a little bit of snow.:-(

I'm hoping for a bust in the forecast, in a good way. Both Friday's and today's event were forecast to include sleet. Today was supposed to include freezing rain. All snow, all weekend. Although the high for Wednesday around here is forecast to be in the 40's so that ain't cool. Still a few days out. Things can change.

tcharron

We obv need a new emoticon that includes a little face bawling with tears coming out the side. :-D

drjeff

We obv need a new emoticon that includes a little face bawling with tears coming out the side. :-D

Like this one:
crying.gif

or this one:
014.gif

or this one:
1381.gif

or even this one:
239.gif

With all the whining around here that happens from time to time, I think it would be a good add
057.gif

tcharron

Actually, I suppose depending on how wide the front would end up being, it MAY not be so bad.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
That is definitely the longer haul. Faster and all highway via 93/91 and never a town that forces you below 50 nor frost heaves.

Quoted for truth. Getting to Jay via 93-89 is not the way to get there. Unless you really want to make it feel like driing to Jay is like driving to northern Quebec. 93 to 91 is MUCH faster.