• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/24-25/08 Storm Speculation Thread

33 degrees here...mainly rain but some sleet mixed in..this storm is juicy..almost 1/2 inch of liquid precip so far..

This weather blows. I love how we get close to a foot of snow less than a week ago, it's -2 on may way to work the other day...and today, I used my frigging umbrella. WTF!

I'm so bent that it's r_____ing out. :argue:

Pretty normal for the northeast but it looks like more snow for next week..there is going to be some serious flooding..

Greg

Staff member
I'm tempted. I haven't skied since 12/11!

Don't overlook local skiing, especially weeknights. You can easily double your days that way.

Jisch

What will the impact to conditions in VT as a result of the rain today? I am planning on going up (with the hordes) on Friday.

John

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
What will the impact to conditions in VT as a result of the rain today? I am planning on going up (with the hordes) on Friday.

John

Agree with kingm. Prolly frozen granular on the surface. Best hope is for snow in the upper elevations. Higher temps for weekend do not bode well

tcharron

Not sure about the rest of the area, but southern NH.... Blah.. It's 11pm, pouring out, and ****50***** degrees.