• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012 Closings

steamboat1

Wildcat is closing mid-week & hope to re-open next weekend.

Sunday River will be down to 2 lifts starting tomorrow. They are closing next Sunday & will be offering free skiing for everyone that day.

Masskier

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Which 3 areas in QC are still open? Thanks

You needed to click the link for the detail (here is a cut and paste):

QUEBEC:

Mont St-Sauveur : May 13 (if possible / weekends only) 2 or 3 trails – $20
Mont Ste-Anne : April 29 (everyday until the 15th, then weekends) – 30/67 trails
Le Valinouët : April 15 – closed midweek, reopens on Friday – $20

ScottySkis

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
^ Loaf closed during the week. Word on the hill is that fingers are crossed for next weekend.

Nope, they are open today. I just checked before writing my blog post.

Thanks for the fingers crossed info. That would seem surprising (although I haven't been). Funny story (that I'll had to my TR). People showed up at Jay (K passholders) that we talking that their local hill was closed. Man, that is bad when K can't even get the message out that they are still open.

I got only 4 hours sleep last night, so it might take a while for the TR. I still haven't posted the one from the previous weekend.:dunce:

RENO

Nope, they are open today. I just checked before writing my blog post.

Thanks for the fingers crossed info. That would seem surprising (although I haven't been). Funny story (that I'll had to my TR). People showed up at Jay (K passholders) that we talking that their local hill was closed. Man, that is bad when K can't even get the message out that they are still open.

I got only 4 hours sleep last night, so it might take a while for the TR. I still haven't posted the one from the previous weekend.:dunce:

How dopey must those K passholders be to not know if K is open? :lol: It's on their website, facebook page, twitter every late afternoon what they're planning for the next day? There's also a phone # and it's posted and talked about on KZone and AZone frequently...

Zand

People have been saying Killington is closed since the end of the 80 degree week in March. Really helps out their spring attendance numbers.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Mont Ste-Anne announced that their season was over and they will not open this coming weekend. Another earliest season end for another ski area that I can remember. Since my first visit to MSA in the early 1980s, the mountain has always made it to late April or early May.

Sugarloaf reopening for the weekend isn't a sure thing either.

So we might be down as little as 3 ski areas this weekend...something that happens in May, not so early in April.

Oh yeah, potential big snow storm might hit east of Quebec City in the Charlevoix and Gaspe this weekend.