• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Resort Opening Dates

SIKSKIER

Just checked the SR PM report....They've suddenly changed their tune on "plans for opening day". They went from Barker & Aurora opening to this in the report: "The current plan is to open with top-to-bottom skiing on Aurora Peak, with access into Aurora basin from the Chondola to Paradigm trail. We may even open terrain on Barker, but it will depend upon how much snow we make tonight. "

I am a little annoyed because I would so much rather ski Right Stuff than Northern Lights :thumbdown: However they did announce that everything will be left au natural (which may be the first & last time you ever hear that from SR). Either way can't wait to start the season !!
As of this morning:"We will be offering terrain on the Barker Mountain Express and the Aurora Peak Quad, which will be accessed by the Chondola in South Ridge. and we expect to see Right Stuff, Lower Sunday Punch, Paradigm, Northern Lights, Borealis, Aludra, Lights Out, and Lower Downdraft open,

drjeff

Mount Snow says they will try to open Free Fall later today. Seals the deal for me tomorrow.
I have it from a VERY reliable source that the rope on Freefall will be dropping probably around noon for soft whales under the Ratnik and HKD love that's currently going on there!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Bostonian

I have it from a VERY reliable source that the rope on Freefall will be dropping probably around noon for soft whales under the Ratnik and HKD love that's currently going on there!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Nice what do you think will be open come saturday? I am watching the live cam from my office now and they just loaded up the bluebird express. I am jonesing like crazy!

cdskier

That's ridiculous... if people pay that, all the more power to them I guess.

Early season prices in general are a rip-off. Sugarbush is charging $78 from what I can tell and has less than K open. Okemo is charging $65 which is a bit more reasonable but still high. Stowe is $90 walk-up or $72 online. I'd look up more but I need to hop on a conference call...

nycskier

They charge that much to keep people away. Not enough terrain is open for everyone so they jack up the prices to get less people on the slopes and still make good money.

drjeff

Groomed for tomorrow or left in its whale-state?

Probably all whales, unless they REALLY need to push some snow into some areas. Usually they'll let the Northface trails drain for a few days before pushing the whales out