• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Resort Opening Dates

They charge that much to keep people away. Not enough terrain is open for everyone so they jack up the prices to get less people on the slopes and still make good money.

also taking advantage of pent up demand..the junkies need their fix and will pay more for it

i need it baddd mannnn...just one runnnn mannn

Zand

Wachusett opens Friday with Ralph's, Challenger, and Indian summer. No word on the summit yet although they've been blowing conifer and 10th too so maybe they will be good to go soon.

slatham

$81 for Killington? For a couple trails up top and one down to the bottom? Maybe this is crowd control.....

xwhaler

Bretton Woods is pretty decent today! Guns only on the very bottom of Rangeview. ski on. Nice way to warm up the legs for $20
8c6c494dce5ad33b90bebb293b53838e.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

Wachusett opens Friday with Ralph's, Challenger, and Indian summer. No word on the summit yet although they've been blowing conifer and 10th too so maybe they will be good to go soon.

I heard that they were blowing on 5 trails at once. Given they are Wachusett trails, but that is still some impressive firepower. They'll open up lot of options real fast now (lots of options from a wachusett standpoint).

ScottySkis

Hunter looking good lots of snow here picking up season pass ! Pahysched to start season in f less than 2 days.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

chuckstah

Loon was good today. 4 routes from the gondola and 2 lower down leading to the double. Not officially TTB but there was a one groomer wide track to the base. N peak was lit up and should be open for the weekend. 1479932391571.jpg1479932423014.jpg1479932438837.jpg

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

mbedle

I know this will turn around real quick, but you got to love it when there is more open trails/vertical in the northeast than what is being offered in Summit County, CO.

yeggous

Mount Snow did not suck today. There is a first time for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Zand

I heard that they were blowing on 5 trails at once. Given they are Wachusett trails, but that is still some impressive firepower. They'll open up lot of options real fast now (lots of options from a wachusett standpoint).

They installed a new pumphouse this summer and doubled their firepower. So now they can hit practically half the mountain at once. It'll be nice having more terrain open early that's for sure.

Los

Waterville opens Friday with basically a single TTB run, consisting of the following: Ruthie's Run, Main Street, White Caps, Upper Sel's Choice, Tommy's World Cup Run, and The Pasture.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

I know this will turn around real quick, but you got to love it when there is more open trails/vertical in the northeast than what is being offered in Summit County, CO.
According to on the snow, you are right northeast has 5 more runs open. It has been a bad start here.

But both have the same number of ski areas open.

Interestingly, there are something like 25 ski areas in Colorado and the Northeast has has like 100+ of which 43 are in New England states

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
Mount Snow did not suck today. There is a first time for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

I was there:

mtsnow.jpg

Beautiful weather. Good snow from start to end made it nice. My legs didn't need extra pitch by the end of my day but the North Face would have made it better if it had opened.

Was out 9:45-3:00 half hour lunch at 1.

Attachments

• mtsnow.jpg
    mtsnow.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 256
  • mtsnow.jpg
    mtsnow.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 256

bdfreetuna

Looking for intel on the Killington scene this weekend. How bad is it going to be (for people who want to recreationally ski, not participate in anything World Cup related) ?? Sunday probably better than Saturday?

tnt1234

Made the drive to Hunter today. Was a good time - spring conditions on three feeder trails to the same lower section. Bumps on some of the top sections by the end of the day, and not to crowded at all....long drive for us, but super glad we did it. Great way to spend the day outside....

JimG.

Staff member
Mont St Anne in Quebec open for skiing on 37 trails.

Le Massif also open with 27 trails.