• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2021-22 Season Passes

dblskifanatic

Same prices as what they offered for 20-21 in light of minimum 20% credit offered to all who were renewing. From my perspective the only meaningful difference is they are capping Stowe days at 10 on local pass. Are they keeping reservation system?
They are not keeping the reservation system!

cdskier

Anyone know when the Ikon price goes up? Cannot find anything on their website.
I heard May 5th mentioned somewhere recently. Maybe it was the Storm Skiing podcast episode with Rusty? Although I haven't seen anything official in e-mail or on their website yet.

2planks2coasts

Cannon NH Resident + Indy Passes for my family of 4 (2 adults, boys ages 8 and 5)

Mine will likely be something like this. Right now torn between the Cannon NH resident and the Bold & Beautiful (weekdays at Cannon and Bretton Woods).

B&B is cheaper and I mostly ski midweek anyway. I make fun of Bretton Woods, but it's certainly a pleasant place to ski. It also has much nicer lodge facilities for my non-skiing partner to sit in and work/drink while I ski, assuming that's a thing again next season.

Cannon NH resident qualifies for the IndyPass discount and should I desire to brave the weekend crowds, the option is there.

Still on the fence about renewing Ikon base as a third pass. It's dirt cheap with both Nurse and renewal discounts, but I barely broke even on it this year. VT being open next year does up the value proposition.

snoseek

Mine will likely be something like this. Right now torn between the Cannon NH resident and the Bold & Beautiful (weekdays at Cannon and Bretton Woods).

B&B is cheaper and I mostly ski midweek anyway. I make fun of Bretton Woods, but it's certainly a pleasant place to ski. It also has much nicer lodge facilities for my non-skiing partner to sit in and work/drink while I ski, assuming that's a thing again next season.

Cannon NH resident qualifies for the IndyPass discount and should I desire to brave the weekend crowds, the option is there.

Still on the fence about renewing Ikon base as a third pass. It's dirt cheap with both Nurse and renewal discounts, but I barely broke even on it this year. VT being open next year does up the value proposition.
Can the bold and beautiful pass qualify for an indy add on? I'd so that's tempting to me. I do like hero laps at bretton woods and the snow can get real nice there.

2planks2coasts

Can the bold and beautiful pass qualify for an indy add on? I'd so that's tempting to me. I do like hero laps at bretton woods and the snow can get real nice there.
I don't think so. This year the text on the Indy website said a "full unlimited pass" was required for the discount. That said , the indy discount was only $70 this season and the B&B is $116 cheaper than the NH resident unlimited.

Edd

Crap, B&B is sounding good next year to me also. I’m all over the place with what I want for passes. Usually more decisive.

snoseek

I do like to skiing cannon in the morning and BW in the afternoon. Sip a beer on the drive between the two as long as I'm under the limit lol.

thebigo

Had settled on ragged and ikon base but the more i think about it, boyne blackout plus ragged works better. Kids will do seasonal program at Ragged. I can get two april school vacation weeks at SL. Several weekend days this april at SR, early season next year at SR. Can easily day trip loon all the snow days, teacher workshop days and midweek NH february vacation. Only thing you lose is k next may, I will worry about that then.

Boyne is more expensive than Ikon, especially the kid pass; if we have learned anything this year, you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

da-bum

Did they have the 20% discount on EPIC pass last season? I was awaiting for the early closure credit for the Peak pass and didn't start looking at passes until July (and couldn't purchase until Sept), so I don't know if there were super early purchase discounts.

thebigo

They gave a credit based on number of days. It started at 20% and went up to something around 80% for unused passes. It was effectively a loyalty discount, this year they said screw loyalty and gave it to everyone.

snoseek

hell they gave me 10 percent for this years pass and I had not help and epic in a few winters.

Edd

hell they gave me 10 percent for this years pass and I had not help and epic in a few winters.
Yeah I got a bonkers discount that I still don’t understand. Veteran’s Pass cost something like $300 or so. Maybe less. I was a Peak pass holder the previous year making it more surprising.

snoseek

Yeah I got a bonkers discount that I still don’t understand. Veteran’s Pass cost something like $300 or so. Maybe less. I was a Peak pass holder the previous year making it more surprising.
At that price it would have been crazy to say no. Mine with the vet discount and 10 percent was a bit over 500 which was good enough to pull me back in

dblskifanatic

At that price it would have been crazy to say no. Mine with the vet discount and 10 percent was a bit over 500 which was good enough to pull me back in

so they were kind of doing the same thing last year but 10% instead of 20% - well then overall Vail gave most renewals 20% and non renewals 10% then the 20% for everyone is not that big of a deal except for the extra 100,000 extra people they pick up.

ThatGuy

Seems the Indy Pass is going to have a price increase and even more ski areas added.

“While the Indy Pass is still just a blip on the national scene, we are making huge strides and will continue to add quality resorts in all regions of North America, grow our passholder base, and continue to offer the best multi-mountain pass value on the planet.

We hope you've enjoyed the ride and will continue to support us next season. We will announce our 2021-22 pricing and some exciting resort additions on April 27th and I promise you won't be disappointed. While we can't promise that prices won't increase a bit, we are doing everything we can to pack more value than expected into your Indy Pass.”

Zand

Maybe they'll do a MC type thing where you can get an extra day at a resort of your choice?

PAabe

For the "exciting resort additions," Money on MRG, Smuggs, and/or Plattekill? Maybe Sunlight or Cooper in CO? Personally my fingers are crossed for another flatland place like Montage.

Awaiting the 27th with great interest