• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3 bedroom ski house Adjacent to Colonel's Chair Lake for sale

Powderboard

This 3 bedroom, 2 bath home, located within 3 minutes of Hunter Mtn ski bowl and walking distance to village, sits on a approximate 1/2 acre lot adjacent to a lake. Originally built around 1900, it is currently undergoing a complete gut rehab and modernization, while maintaining it's "tree lined street" charecter and facade. The home features the following:

Icynene insulated walls www.Icynene.com
New roof (30 year architectural shingles)
Front porch
Rear Deck
Kitchen nook
Full unfinished attic
I car detached garage and shop
Village water
Village sewer
2 heating systems, electric coupled w/ energy star rated thermostats and a remote controlled Propane fireplace
Hardwood floors on main level
Carpeting on second
Slate tile in foyer, kitchen and bathrooms
maple cabinets
solid surface countertops
level lot
Basement (Crawlspace, half slab, approximate height 4')

Move in by Thanksgiving Asking Price $250,000

http://www.homeposting.com/listings.php?s=view&n=41014185

Powderboard

It's not underpriced, it's

It's priced to sell. ( I know it will appraise much higher, but I don't want to sit on it for a year or better, waiting for a buyer, when I can sell a little lower and start my next project) The house is 1500sf, not including the unfinished attic. The yearly taxes are approximately $2200. I am currently waiting for the new tax bill. Once I get that, I will post the taxes accurately. Please e-mail if you have any other questions.

bvibert

Staff member
Looks like a nice house.

We encourage you to stop by more often to participate in some discussions. Generally we look down on adverts from non-active members...

Good luck selling the house, whats the next project?

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
We encourage you to stop by more often to participate in some discussions. Generally we look down on adverts from non-active members...
Just an FYI. Powderboard PM'd first to ask if this post was okay. That's the right way to do it. I said it's on-topic and to go ahead and post it. But yes, Powderboard - we'd love to have you posting here more.

Powderboard

More posts to follow.

The next project is my house. I need to finish what I started over 2 years ago. I do have my eye on another ugly duckiling, but won't be taking that one on until I sell this one because it really needs alot of work.

noski

Brettski said:
Hey D, take a fly by and give us the scoop

2200 in taxes...that's like 2 months for me....
No kidding! :eek: And that's WITH municipal services... I wonder if there is an additional water/sewer bill or if that is "included" in taxes. A steal.

Powderboard

Additional info

The village water bill is a flat rate of $132 and the sewer rate has yet to be determined because the village just got sewers this fall.

Powderboard

One of the reasons I moved up here was because it is very affordable. Back in Jersey I would never have been able to afford to buy 2 acres of land and build the home that I did. My commute into the city took an hour on a good day, now I commute farther, but it still takes me an hour.

Powderboard

I carpooled with him until recently and quite often ride with him during the winter. He has seen this house go through it's transformation. Ask him what he thinks about the house. Do you ski/ride Hunter?

SkiDog

Powderboard said:
I carpooled with him until recently and quite often ride with him during the winter. He has seen this house go through it's transformation. Ask him what he thinks about the house. Do you ski/ride Hunter?

I used to ski it...not much anymore..I have a place in Killington so I spend most of my time up in that neck of the woods...

M

Powderboard

Prior to my move up to Hunter, I use to start and finish my season in k-mart and rent in Hunter during the middle. I enjoy vermont skiing alot, but i wasn't willing to do that ride every weekend. How long does it take you to get to killington?

SkiDog

Powderboard said:
Prior to my move up to Hunter, I use to start and finish my season in k-mart and rent in Hunter during the middle. I enjoy vermont skiing alot, but i wasn't willing to do that ride every weekend. How long does it take you to get to killington?

Roughly 4 hours..sometimes 4.5 all the way to the condo...some measure by getting off the highway..oh and I drive FAST...especially if I had to move slowly on the thruway....silly 2 lane road...It is a little gruelling for every weekend...I don't do it EVERY weekend...I take a couple straight weeks and then like maybe every other weekend...I think i get about 20 days in there...and at least a week out west....sometimes more for both..

M