• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

And it's close to Crotched.....

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
http://www.paulmcinnis.com/Owners-Auction-Francestown-New-Hampshire.asp

Hilltop Estate With Panoramic Views

Owners' Auction

Francestown, New Hampshire

Property Information Package
Image Gallery
Questions about this Auction

Printer friendly
Email to friend

lgaerial2.jpg

Real Estate & Personal Property

Mount Monadnock Region

Custom Built Hill-Top Residence On 96± Acres

With Panoramic Views

Owner’s Health Forces Immediate Sale

Francestown, New Hampshire

Saturday, May 16th at 11:00 a.m.

Suggested Opening Bid: $700,000

REAL ESTATE: 339 Dennison Pond Road, Francestown, NH. A magnificent, custom built home sited on 96± pristine acres. The home has unobstructed 180 degree panoramic views of the Monadnock Region. Built in 2004 for the current owners, this 8,275± sq.ft. residence features 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms; a cathedral ceiling living room with granite fireplace; a wall of southern exposure windows; gourmet kitchen with custom cabinetry, pantries, exposed beams, expansive granite countertops and high end stainless steel appliances; and a beautifully appointed library with custom wood paneling and book loft accessed by a spiral staircase. The walkout, lower level of the home is the ideal entertaining space or a retreat for the children and the spacious unfinished portion of the basement allows for ample storage and space for workshop. This is the perfect executive retreat or home for a family looking for privacy, land or horse farm.

Home Features –
o First floor master suite
o Individual room climate control
o Intercom and security system
o Lift-Master elevator to all three floors
o Anderson automatic rain windows
o Radiant floor heat
o Central air conditioning
o 2-Car attached garage
o 2-Bay garage/barn with unfinished loft space
o Lawn and garden irrigation

Location: Francestown is located within the Monadnock Region of southwestern New Hampshire, a region known best for Mount Monadnock, which is the second most hiked mountain in the world, and also visible from the living room of the home. This beautiful and scenic area of the State is filled with classic New England towns, complete with historic Colonial buildings, covered bridges, maple sugar houses, lakes, ski areas, hiking trails and more.

Owners: The owners of the property designed and built this home for themselves just 5 years ago, but due to health circumstances they will be moving on to a smaller residence that will better accommodate their needs.

Recent List Price: $1,750,000
Approximate Replacement Cost: $1,895,000

Real Estate Previews: By Appointment on Thursday, May 7th from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday, May 2nd and Saturday, May 9th from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m.

Real Estate Terms: A $50,000 Deposit at the time and place of sale is required to bid (unsuccessful bidders’ deposits to be returned immediately following sale). A 10% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid to become the total purchase price. The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing within 45 days of the auction. The property will be sold subject to all Terms of Sale. The Sale is Per Order of the Owners, and is offered Subject to Confirmation.

PERSONAL PROPERTY: To be sold at auction immediately following the sale of the real estate.

FURNISHINGS: Queen Anne highboy (married); Chippendale four-drawer bracket base chest; wonderful early 19th century splayed leg one-drawer stand, the top being secured on dovetailed slides; three-drawer blanket chest with fan carving; other blankets chests; Welsh dresser; birdcage Windsor chairs; Jordan Furniture leather sectional sofa & (2) leather love seats; (6) piece Adirondack porch set; (6) piece contemporary wicker porch set; oak hall table; (4) leather swivel bar stools; oak school desk; 42” Sony plasma TV; 72” sawbuck table; selection of beds, rugs, chairs & tables.

ITEMS OF INTEREST: oil on canvas ship painting signed TC Vallencamp; oil on canvas painting signed SW Griggs; E Howard #3 weight-driven banjo clock; early brass telescope; Harrisville Designs loom; Geppetto kinetic sculpture by David Roy; 1863 US musket; assortment of new & old handmade quilts; assortment of dolls & doll furniture; (2) Christopher Burkett portraits;sterling silver flatware & tea set; wood molding planes; Norton jug with blue decoration; Harvard classics; Mark Twain books; Coopers works; Mulberry dinner set by Shaw.

VEHICLES, LAWN, GARDEN & POWER TOOLS: 2004 Ford F250 Super Cab Lariat Edition w/11,188 miles; 8’ Boss V snowplow; Ice-O-Way sander; 1970’s International 574 tractor; sicklemore, logging arch & forklift attachments; Massey Ferguson MFGC2300 4WD garden tractor; Yamaha Rhino 660 4X4 ATV; Land Pride 60” PTO mower; 48” gravel grader; 10’ Ideal Extra Duty trailer; 180 amp welder; chainsaws; 36” spreader; Powermatic jointer; Ryobi 10” table saw w/router; Delta planer; Porta Cable router; Rigid band saw; scroll saw; wood shaper; assortment of hand tools & bar clamps; 36” Heat Surge electric fireplace.

BOATING: 1999 17’ Sylvan boat w/90 hp Evinrude & EZ-Loader trailer; 18’ Old Town canoe.

Personal Property Preview: The morning of the auction from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Personal Property Terms: 15% Buyer’s Premium. Payment in full day of auction by Cash, MasterCard, Visa or pre-approved personal check. Immediate removal required day of sale. All items being sold subject to error, omission or withdrawal.

Directions: From the center of Francestown, follow Route 136 towards New Boston Road to Dennison Pond Road.

TheBEast

Wow, now that is an estate.....it'll be interesting to see how much it goes for. Can someone post it here after the auction?

I dunno, that rhodadendron by to the left of the entrance is pretty weak looking...not sure its worth bidding on the estate.

Seriously, holy crap, that place is pretty sweet...and 96 acres would be fantastic...just don't have 700K avail for the opening bid.

ComeBackMudPuddles

don't really know the area that well, but the list price of $1.75 mn for all that seems reasonable, no?

anyway, i don't get why someone would need to do an immediate auction....how can you have enough money to potentially take a substantial hit at auction (as in, not recover the mortgage), but not have enough to go through a normal sale process and get fair value (which is presumably higher than a "fire sale" auction)?

Glenn

You could justify buying a really sweet ZTR mower. I'm thinking one of those fuel injected Scaggs that goes for about $10k+. I'd add on a bagger and a gas powered discharge vacuum just to be safe. I'd probably pick up a nice 48" walk behind too. You know, to do all the "edging".

I'm one of those nut jobs like enjoys mowing the grass. I can lay down some good stripes this time of the year because the lawn is so thick.

You could justify buying a really sweet ZTR mower. I'm thinking one of those fuel injected Scaggs that goes for about $10k+. I'd add on a bagger and a gas powered discharge vacuum just to be safe. I'd probably pick up a nice 48" walk behind too. You know, to do all the "edging".

I'm one of those nut jobs like enjoys mowing the grass. I can lay down some good stripes this time of the year because the lawn is so thick.

Well if you can afford the house you can afford somebody to maintain it..$10,000 pays for alot of cuts..

To me, paying someone to mow the lawn is like paying someone to go skiing for me. Doesn't compute. :smile:

I hear you..I wouldn't pay someone money to cut my toetails because I enjoy it. When I was a teenager, I used to mow the lawn at the tombstone company. Pretty much one acres with a couple hundred pieces of granite and some wide open areas..anyway it would take 3+ hours and I would get $20..I'd get $5 for mowing my parents yard which took 45 minutes..add a few neighbors yards, a paper-route and a job at Ritas Italian Ice and I was on track to own a compound like the one pictured above..but it all went to skiing and beer..:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

I'll be curious how much the house sells for. A buyers dream would be for a low turnout at the auction..and a steezy price..then live in it for awhile and flip it when the market improves..

deadheadskier

Staff member
In my dream, I have enough money to own and enjoy that home but won't let the kids go skiing until the evening rates kick in at Crotched and I make them bring their own food. :p

and they have to use cross country skis or walk to get to the mountain ;)