• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alarm clock thread..what time???

Like most people, I need an alarm clock to wake up. What time is your alarm clock set for? Mine is set for 5:50AM..enough time for me to hit the snooze a few times and hit up Dunkin Donuts if I want or whatever errands I need to do before work. This time of the year, it gets light so early that waking up early isn't so bad..during ski season..it's not even light until 7AM..if you have a short minute post in this steezy thread dedicated to waking up to a beep or maybe Cyndi Lauper on the radio and a nice SSS...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Depending on where I'm going for work for the day I get up at either

5:29
5:55
6:28
7:11

or on mornings after I've been out late and don't have to get on the road until 9 because I'm working locally, I'll set it for 8:26. But that's only once every other month or so.

Glenn

5:25....I hit the snooze button a few times. I get out of bed around quarter of 6.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
No alarm clock... and no snooze button. Once the kids are up, they're up. Though they're much better about occupying themselves these days for a little bit.

Hawkshot99

7:50 in the summer

6:50 winter weekends/holidays
7:20 winter midweek

Summer I need my alarm, winter I got to waking just before it went off. I never understand people who leave snooze button time. Actual sleep is better than interupted sleep for me. If I HAVE to be up, then I can awake quick.

wa-loaf

5:45 snooze to 6, get the kids up at 6:30 if they aren't already up. Hit the road at 7:30.

Greg

Staff member
TV goes off at 6 am. Alarm clock goes off at 6:15. I snooze till 6:30 when my wife gets up. I have the luxury of lounging till 7 am if I want to, but I'm usually up by 6:45. I like to ease into my mornings. :lol:

Saturdays I usually sleep in til 7:30-8:00. Depends if the kids need me or not. Sundays I've been up before 6:15 to make the 7 am ride time.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Five fitty. Don't even talk to me about how early I need to go to bed to get up at that time!
Oh yea, every other day this wake up call is followed by a morning 3/4 mile jog with the puppy. If the alarm doesn't wake me up, I don't return from that jog sleep walking, that's for sure. :blink:

HD333

6:06 alarm goes off, after one snooze wife wakes me up. Kids are woken up by 6:30. Down for breakfast 6:45 on the dot, I am out the door at 7:03 to catch the cho cho. Wife and kids out to door by 7:35 to be at school for 7:45.

Weekends, no alarm when the twins wake up we ALL wake up.

skibum9995

5:30 on Sat, 5:00 on Sun. Usually no alarm during the week unless I want to go somewhere I need to get up for.

ComeBackMudPuddles

this thread is super great!

weekdays: 6:55 a.m. with one five-minute snooze to 7 a.m.

weekends: no alarms, unless you count "MAMA!!!" from the 3-year old or "wah-wah-WAAAA" from the 8-month old (whichever comes first, but usually around 7/7:30 a.m. --- thank you, work, for training the kids so well during the week and, therefore, cutting into my weekend sleep).

Terry

I hardly ever use an alarm clock. nly if I need to get in to work early. I am usually up by 430 or 5 anyways.

drjeff

5:45 and 5:55 - who gets which one depends on whether it's me or my wife grabbing 1st shower while the later one gets to snooze a few minutes before getting up and getting the kids moving during the week.

On the weekend (non ski season) unless someone is going for an early AM run, the alarm is set for 8 - which is a HUGE pipedream since our kids rarely sleep past 6:30 :(

Last edited: