• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Americans are Becoming More Rude, Less Civilized

NYDrew

settle down. BP is not BB, otherwise he never would have given out BB's email for contact. On a side note, wile BP is quite like BB in posting behavior, he is what I call "Amusing" because his reckless postings do not include stories of throwing little old ladies down 3 flights of stairs.

mondeo

Shouting is rude. Shouting is done because of hearing loss. Hearing loss is caused by listening to iPods. People listen to iPods because Steve Jobs is an evil marketing genius. Therefore, Steve Jobs is responsible for the increased rudeness in today's society.

Also, if Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit.

drjeff

I saw a PSA on PBS about eating BLTs at KFC. IMHO, a McDLT is better, but I do love some DQ.

But wouldn't the day be so much better if you started it at DD's then you could go to lunch for a McDLT at McD's and still have your choice of KFC or BK?? Or even make a PB&J or a BLT before heading to DQ!

mondeo

But wouldn't the day be so much better if you started it at DD's then you could go to lunch for a McDLT at McD's and still have your choice of KFC or BK?? Or even make a PB&J or a BLT before heading to DQ!
They don't allow any of that stuff on base at USAJFSWCS. SOBs.

Black Phantom

Chase Teller’s Rudeness Deters Another Robber

The other day we told you about a bank robber whose attempted robbery of a midtown branch of Chase was thwarted by an indifferent teller who simply walked away while he was mid-threat. Apparently this is Chase company policy, because this was not an isolated event.

From this morning's crime log:

At 1:20 p.m. on Aug. 11, the crook strolled into the Chase branch at Eighth Avenue and 40th Street and slipped a teller a demand note.

The teller simply stepped away, and the jerk fled empty-handed.

After that, the crime log reports, he made his way to a more hospitable bank, the Sovereign at Eighth Avenue and 52nd Street, which he relieved of an undisclosed sum of cash a mere ten minutes later. So. While one could certainly argue that Chase's decision to bait potentially armed and likely unstable criminals in a crowded commercial atmosphere is a dangerous tack to take, you can't argue with the results.

Update: A spokesperson for Chase informs us that its employees are not rude, but following the “walk away” policy "an industry safety practice," described in this letter from the NY State Banking regulator. So there.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/08/chases_terrible_customer_servi.html?f=most-commented-24h-5

dmc

who's the worst?

I got pushed around a lot in India. It's pretty nasty - you gotta stand up for yourself and push back or you'll just get nowhere or ripped off... And I find some Indians to be pretty rude here in the states - I think it depends on caste..

In Korea - Japanese tourist get really pushy. Just want to knock them out..

I encountered lot's of rude Germans on my travels there. I called one guy out that i was working with - he kept snickering when things went wrong. I accused him of schadenfreude(taking pleasure from others misfortune) - we're friends now... :)

I also told off a guy from Denmark in a class i was teaching. He started with the "You Americans are all...." - I read him the riot act... Again.. He's a friend now.. :)

So - I guess - Generally you should be polite and courteous but don't let people push you around - because they will... :)