• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

And you thought parking was expensive

kingslug

2planks2coasts

Yeah... No. See through floors are cool, but there are plenty of scenic trams in the region that won't cost you that much.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I imagine that is the sightseeing rate. In all fairness, we're talking about multiple lifts to cross over to Cervinia. It would take a good portion of the day. And it was bitching expensive to build. But I would prefer skiing between the two. I have yet to get to Cervinia. It was closed in May 2002 when I was there and the winds closed the lifts in that area when we were there in 2017.

Hawk

It is my understanding that your day pass will get you on that new tram when skiing and the rate is a siteseers rate. It's really not that long or time consuming anymore. There is a 3 stage gondola that takes to Trockener Steg. Then you take the Matterorn Glacier tram to this new tram. It is in the same building. The whole thing might take you about 45 minutes including lines. We were there in 2020 ust before covid hit in Feburary. IKON included all of it but now I think the Cervinia side is not on the pass.