• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone up for some Fantasy Baseball?

patricsaint

I started a fantasy baseball league (on Yahoo, and it's free) for skiers on EpicSki last year and it was a lot of fun. (we also do fantasy football and pickem in the fall)

We have openings for a few good managers and everyone from here is invited, so take a look at these links for more info about the league and joining.

Of course you better have some skills!
Anyhow, hope to see some of you there....

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=37514

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=37937

patricsaint

oops...ice cream kid strikes again!

ChileMass said:
Nice avatar, guy......

well, I'll have to modify that sucker because I know you had it first....I actually have another one in mind....I think you'll like.

bigbog

Online Fantasy.....(thought this going to be OLR..?;-)

In reading the link header...ending with "Fantasy..", I thought this was one of BobR's Online Racing creations...:cool:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I follow the Red Sox and all, even read Remy's book about watching baseball and understanding strategy-

but I have neither time nor desire to follow pro sports athletes or teams. I just can't get excitied about following someone else's carreer. I work, fight fires, cycle, ski, sail, work outside, read, game and partake in any other slew of activities before I'd ever read about and follow sports teams and athletes.

When I watch sports, it is to watch the level of skill the athletes possess. To watch them play a game at a higher level then you will ever see. That's cool, especially if you understand the intracacies of the skill and strategy involved.

I watch pro baseball because I like watching people play baseball, same reason I watch pro cycling, pro skiing, football, moutain biking (when it's on), formula 1, american lemans, occasionally nextel cup, and Iron Chef (is cooking a sport?).

But sorry dude, I just have no idea how these sports trivia gurus do it. I'd rather watch paint dry than Sports Center. I just don't don't have the time.

patricsaint

almost last call folks!

draft is scheduled for next Thursday night 3-30. still need a couple competitive managers.
pm me if interested.