• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anything new in ski/board Technology for 2011?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I have the sense there is nothing revolutionary going on in the ski/board/boot/pole market this year. Is that so? Is there anything evolutionary going on? I'm not interested in techno-gadgets, just the basic stuff.

I'll be at the show on Saturday. Anything or any company worth looking at that isn't just a re-paint, or new marketing spin?

snowmonster

I went around some of the equipment manufacturers at the Boston ski show last night. Nothing much on the skiing front. If you want to see some really wide skis, go to the Volkl/Marker booth. They have a Kuro (132 waist) and a Chopstick (128 waist). Both are rockered. Same booth also has the new Marker F10 and F12 bindings. They are much lighter than the Dukes/Barons. I just wonder about the leather strap it has on the heel release lever. I wonder how that will perform when it's frozen or after repeated use. I wandered over to the Rossi booth (of course). They had a 188 S7. I wish they brought out the 195 model instead.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Rocker is the buzz this year... though hardly a "new" technology. Marker 10/12 is making a big splash in the touring world... but again, not a new technology (just a "Duke light"). So I wouldn't say there is anything "new" but there are evolutions and "Buzz".

Cannonball

Did anyone check out the helmets with the flip down "goggles"? Do you know what company that is?

I liked the idea but got distracted before getting to the booth. Figured I'd look it up later but I can't remember the brand. And Google isn't getting me anywhere.