• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Audi FIS Ski World Cup Crans Montana Celebrates With Spumante Rugre La Scolca

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
CRANS MONTANA, SIERRE, Switzerland, February 23, 2012/PRNewswire/ --
Chiara Soldati, owner of La Scolca, shared the opening party of the Audi FIS Ski World Cup with Stephane Robyr, director of the Swiss Ski School of Crans, with her wines and sparkling Rugre. The whole ski school staff was present to welcome the different teams participating in the races.

On February 23rd, La Scolca and the Swiss Ski School of Crans organized an amazing party to welcome everyone at this unique event which marked the beginning of these 3 days of the Audi FIS Ski World Cup (24th to 26th of February). It is important to note that on the high plateau in March 1998, Crans-Montana hosted his last men's races during the finals of the Men's World Cup marked by the triumph of Hermann Maier and the last slalom victory of the great Alberto Tomba.

It is a great emotion for Chiara Soldati, owner of La Scolca Winery, who said: "This is a great night to share the magical atmosphere of this important ski race with our Sparkling Rugre. The wines often seem to be like those who create them. This is the reason why this evening represents for me such a great emotion, as when I am watching a ski race. I am a wine producer and live with passion the world of wines. In my personal life I am a ski teacher at Swiss Ski School of Crans and I am happy to be part of this challenge to be one of the hosts of the opening party of the Audi FIS World Cup with Stephane Robyr. When I create a new wine, I share the hard life of ski training, the same months before harvest, the same emotion at a tasting, which also occurs before a race and the passion of the skier. Passion, emotion, hard work and patience are the same elements which make great champions and great wines.

Mr. Stephane Robyr confirmed his strong enthusiasm by adding: "It is a great honor for me to be part of this magical event with the whole team of the Swiss Ski School of Crans. It is an amazing evening and I hope everyone will keep it in mind forever. To host such an event with Chiara Soldati, owner of La Scolca and the Zerodix is something that everyone would love to do and I know that I will enjoy this moment because it is unique. I wish everyone a great evening and a great Audi FIS Men's World Cup in Crans-Montana."

The opening party was a very successful event to celebrate the three men's events planned on the high plateau of Crans-Montana (Valais - Switzerland). Swiss ski also obtained the approval and support of media partners for this third relay race live, especially SRG and SSR, who will produce images and the sports agency that handles TV rights to the World Cup Alpine Ski events held in Switzerland. "Everyone here is happy; we now have an opportunity to demonstrate on a larger scale our ability to organize great sporting events and develop a beautiful ski festival in Valais". These were the first words of Marius Robyr's speech, owner of the Organazing Committee. His dynamism and skills have allowed him to host several other events between women's circuit in recent years. "I would like to thank all of those who have worked and are still working hard for the success of this magnificent project. I think that the sports fans travelling to attend this beautiful occasion will be amazed and have a wonderful holiday season".

Contact: Azienda Agricola LA SCOLCA s.s.a., phone: +39-(0)143-682176, e-mail: cscdv@scolca.it, website: http://www.scolca.it