• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Banning a person for derogatory comments about a spouse!

Puck it

Don't even...

this is a place of solidarity to winter sports.. and shared non-political thoughts..

Can we talk? I mean really talk. I am with you on this solidarity of winter sports. I think we are a minority when it comes to loving winter. Can't wait for the Olympiad to start.

WJenness

This thread needs more:

Boom_Detonator-263x409.jpg

-w

2knees

shouldnt have posted it, regardless of my intention that nobody see it. you have my apology for that.

however, you need to look in the mirror and realize that your constant trolling is not unnoticed. you can go the route of andyzee and be a pariah on this board with zero friends and no chance of changing that or you can add something of use to this place. for you, i doubt you're at the point of no return as andy is.

many of us have met andy so his antics are dissapointing to say the least. i've defended him numerous times on kzone and have even given him some bud when he was out. you'd think he would remember things like that but i guess its easier to just hate on people constantly.

either way, its old, tired and stupid. what some of you fail to realize is that alot of us, and you'd be surprised at the amount, know each other very well offline. and i'm not talking about the obvious handful of sundown people. it goes way beyond that. when constant attacks are made its not just some anonymous internet shit. its attacking personal friends. sorry that we defend each other from time to time, maybe that is worth being offended about.

Greg

Staff member
shouldnt have posted it, regardless of my intention that nobody see it. you have my apology for that.

however, you need to look in the mirror and realize that your constant trolling is not unnoticed. you can go the route of andyzee and be a pariah on this board with zero friends and no chance of changing that or you can add something of use to this place. for you, i doubt you're at the point of no return as andy is.

many of us have met andy so his antics are dissapointing to say the least. i've defended him numerous times on kzone and have even given him some bud when he was out. you'd think he would remember things like that but i guess its easier to just hate on people constantly.

either way, its old, tired and stupid. what some of you fail to realize is that alot of us, and you'd be surprised at the amount, know each other very well offline. and i'm not talking about the obvious handful of sundown people. it goes way beyond that. when constant attacks are made its not just some anonymous internet shit. its attacking personal friends. sorry that we defend each other from time to time, maybe that is worth being offended about.

Well said. Whether andyzee is self-aware enough to realize it, or whether he even cares, a lot of people here have a different opinion of him lately. His argument will be he tells it like it is, and it's gotten him to where he is now, wherever that is. The bottom line is it's disappointing as you said.

Puck it

Thank for the apology. Not going to write a long dissertion.

1.) I have never attacked anyone on this forum when it was just such as Swamp Thingy or whatever the name is. DMC was for fun since he attacked me a pic that was too big on his iPhone.

2.) I have contributed to this forum other then the prodding or trolling as you call it. I have given numerous trip reports, equipment feedback and defending a ski shop.

3.) I do admit to adding fuel to the fire at times, but I do not think I have gone into long drawn out political points of views on this forum(You can correct me if I am wrong. Getting older and more senile by the day or drink) I have only given short little quips and then others react. It is the reaction that gets things going. If you could hear the banter during our lunches at work (yes a bunch of engineers with way different point of views) then they would all be banned from this site. I guess what I am trying to say was my quips did trigger debate and that I apology for. It was just a for a little brevity. Not trying to insight an all out riot.

4.) You also put your own little digs from time to time. And this site is very cliquey. I do understand a lot you know each other. But at times, it does seem like a pile on.

Out.

BLESS

In my opinion and for further reference....mods, dont you think its easier to just ignore people who troll, rather than ALWAYS trying to censor them and thus "stoking the fire" so to speak? When you do that stuff, its exactly what they want. I dunno....seems so to me anyway.

In my opinion the "no politics" thing is stupid. Theres too much sensoring on here, really its the only message forum place ive ever been thats like this,,,,, and as Puck it said.....it does seem VERY VERY cliquey. At times, It can seems like a certain amount of arrogance from people on here..... That said, I still enjoy coming here, if only for the trip reports and the occasional question I have.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Nice, just would like to say that there are two sides to every story. Point I would like to stress most, some could dish it out but they sure can't take.

Last edited:

SkiDork

In my opinion and for further reference....mods, dont you think its easier to just ignore people who troll, rather than ALWAYS trying to censor them and thus "stoking the fire" so to speak?

I'm a mod over on KZone and thats the policy I try to follow most of the time. But there are times when things just can't be ignored. So its a slippery slope.

2 things I've learned about being a mod:

1) Until you've actually been one you just don't understand the difficulty of the job, in terms of having to be King Midas

2) You're ABSOLUTELY NEVER going to please everyone and will ALWAYS have somebody whine no matter what you do. So you have to develop a thick skin if you don't already have one.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Theres too much sensoring on here, really its the only message forum place ive ever been thats like this,,,,, and as Puck it said.....it does seem VERY VERY cliquey. At times, It can seems like a certain amount of arrogance from people on here..... That said, I still enjoy coming here, if only for the trip reports and the occasional question I have.
Spend some time on Epic or SkiDiva--both are much more moderated than AZ. I don't state that as a complaint, but more as a fact. They have higher standards for their social interaction, hence why they are both described as being more civil.

There are options for a reason. Nobody is forcing anybody to post here. You can't please everyone--if you're not happy here, then it's probably not the right fit. Good thing there are alternatives then. (Have fun with that, Andy.)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Spend some time on Epic or SkiDiva--both are much more moderated than AZ. I don't state that as a complaint, but more as a fact. They have higher standards for their social interaction, hence why they are both described as being more civil.

There are options for a reason. Nobody is forcing anybody to post here. You can't please everyone--if you're not happy here, then it's probably not the right fit. Good thing there are alternatives then. (Have fun with that, Andy.)

Is there a reason you threw my name into this. Vendetta perhaps?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Is there a reason you threw my name into this. Vendetta perhaps?
I have no time for vendettas. Your name is mentioned because you have a tendency to take my comments on such topics back to your site to use an example of what you consider "stupidity."

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I have no time for vendettas. Your name is mentioned because you have a tendency to take my comments on such topics back to your site to use an example of what you consider "stupidity."

Funny thing is, folks such as yourself, 2knees, your loving hubby, Greg, all say how I say bad things about this site. Yet right from the start, it is in fact you guys that say things about me and my site. Couple of examples:

HPD comes up with an idea for a competition between AZ and NS, 2knees comes on here and posts it. I get attacked for pushing my site.

Your loving hubby points to a political picture and says he sees nothing political about it, I get the banning stick put in front of my face and am told to take this crap to my site, sorry for having an opinion, but it is he and you who mentioned my site.

HPD makes a mention about white bread threads on this site, I get blamed for it.

Hmmm..... funny how it works on here. I know tell me to take it to my site..

Puck it

Funny thing is, folks such as yourself, 2knees, your loving hubby, Greg, all say how I say bad things about this site. Yet right from the start, it is in fact you guys that say things about me and my site. Couple of examples:

HPD comes up with an idea for a competition between AZ and NS, 2knees comes on here and posts it. I get attacked for pushing my site.

Your loving hubby points to a political picture and says he sees nothing political about it, I get the banning stick put in front of my face and am told to take this crap to my site, sorry for having an opinion, but it is he and you who mentioned my site.

HPD makes a mention about white bread threads on this site, I get blamed for it.

Uh oh! No you didn't!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Uh oh! No you didn't!

Yeah I know, it's bound to turn into a bunch of attacks on me and my site, then they will say all I do is put this place down and come on here to push my site. Quite frankly, getting tired of it and don't have time to get pulled into it today. But they will neglect to say, how they started on andyzone, just a few posts up.

2knees

Yeah I know, it's bound to turn into a bunch of attacks on me and my site, then they will say all I do is put this place down and come on here to push my site. Quite frankly, getting tired of it and don't have time to get pulled into it today. But they will neglect to say, how they started on andyzone, just a few posts up.

Get over yourself andy, you arent the victim here. nobody is. and nobody involved is innocent either, least of all myself. we all created this and as adults we all need to get past it.

that's my take on it.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Get over yourself andy, you arent the victim here. nobody is. and nobody involved is innocent either, least of all myself. we all created this and as adults we all need to get past it.

that's my take on it.

I agree, so I say on both side we stop the crap and move on. I'll do my best to cool it, But I do ask one thing. I may have an opinion, I ask that if you don't agree with it, don't immediately jump on me and tell me to go to andyzone. That only leads to escalation, you want to disagree, just tell me I'm an ahole and let's move on.

2knees, in your case specifically. We had some crap going back and forth, came to an agreement, then you continued on stating that I didn't stop. You may be correct, but please understand, it was residual. I say we just move on..

OK, that said. This is my olive branch if you want it, it's there, thank you for yours. If you don't, well it's your choice.

bvibert

Staff member

I had a response for this, but it's really not worth my time.

I'll just say this; if you want people to have even the tiniest little bit of respect for you then stop posting lies and half truths. Or learn how to actually read what people post. Then get over yourself.