• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 01/07/2007

goldsbar

I knew it was going to be a rough start, but I was hoping it would warm up enough to get a couple of hours of corn. Not to be - at least not by 1:00 when I left and the car thermo was reading 38 in the parking lot. This must be the first time all year that temps didn't come in above forecast!?!?! Thermo hit 50 by the thruway... Guess the mountains really are colder.

Basically 2 runs from the top. Top was generally a very firm surface that was very difficult to carve on the steeper sections and ofter, depending on the time of day, somewhat difficult to get good carves even on the runouts (at least for me). The doulbe diamond had bump remants but not what I'd call bump skiing by any means. Actually had a good amount of snow, though. Funny thing was, from the mid lodge to the quad was some pretty fun, dirty mush snow. Groomers did a good job avoiding death cookies but there were some bare spots and constrictions as you'd imagine.

I tonights rain is light, they'll have a decent base to begin to build again on 4 runs from the top - 2 that were opened and 2 that looked like they had decent coverage in some spots but went 100% bare in others.

YardSaleDad

Website
www.tirnalong.com
I was there yesterday. The rain the night before really hammered them. :sad:

Luckily after tonight they will have snow making temps every night this week. :snow:

But next weekend looks like another killer thaw.:angry: