• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best way to get to Mt Snow/Stratton from Boston/Prov?

dartmouth01

Hi guys,

I remember a thread a while ago talking about alternate routes to get to the southern Green Mountain areas, but I can't find that post again. We're headed to Snow/Stratton this Fri from Providence. What would be the best route for Fri afternoon departure? I remember something about Rt 2 be a good alternate choice, but I'm not sure what road to take from there (ie, few lights, few cops, etc)..... Thanks in advance.

drjeff

Hi guys,

I remember a thread a while ago talking about alternate routes to get to the southern Green Mountain areas, but I can't find that post again. We're headed to Snow/Stratton this Fri from Providence. What would be the best route for Fri afternoon departure? I remember something about Rt 2 be a good alternate choice, but I'm not sure what road to take from there (ie, few lights, few cops, etc)..... Thanks in advance.

Where are you staying up there?? That might make a difference if you're staying in the Mount Snow proper area vs. the Stratton proper area

drjeff

Alternative from Providence:

146 -> Mass Pike -> 91 North -> Rte 2 WEST (Exit 26 in Greenfield) -> Right on Colrain Road (about 3 miles on Rte 2 just past the 1st farm stand) -> Rte 112 North -> Rte 100 North -> Mount Snow.

Takes me about 2 hours from the I-84/Mass Pike interchange (Exit 9 on the Pike) this way going speed limit + 10mph almost every weekend during ski season

Getting through Worcester upto Rte 2 vs. getting around Springfield/Northhampton on the Pike/91 are usually about a wash time wise

shpride

Alternative from Providence:

146 -> Mass Pike -> 91 North -> Rte 2 WEST (Exit 26 in Greenfield) -> Right on Colrain Road (about 3 miles on Rte 2 just past the 1st farm stand) -> Rte 112 North -> Rte 100 North -> Mount Snow.

Takes me about 2 hours from the I-84/Mass Pike interchange (Exit 9 on the Pike) this way going speed limit + 10mph almost every weekend during ski season

Getting through Worcester upto Rte 2 vs. getting around Springfield/Northhampton on the Pike/91 are usually about a wash time wise

That is the way I was going to recommend. Going 95-495-2 would involve a lot of backtracking