• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boars Head Deli is great, why non in non east states?

ScottySkis

I want to move to Utah in a couple years but what will I eat for lunch?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Scotty, I see business opportunity. Why don't you open a New York Deli out in Utah?

"Scotty's Delhi Serving Boors Hed Sadmiches!" could be your sign ;)

ctenidae

Most decent deli products are relatively local. Pigs grow everywhere, and refrigeration is expensive.

When I lived in North Carolina, I was in a deli that I went to a lot when a pod of Jerseyans came in all atwitter and aglitter. When they saw the Boar's Head sign, one of them squealed (you have to read it with the right accent- you know the one), "Oooh, look! They've got Boar's Head!" I wanted to respond, "Yes, and we've got them new fangled electric lights now, too!" Instead, I laughed when the guy behind the counter charged them about 1/4 more for their sammiches.

ScottySkis

I knew Utah was a dry state...didn't know it was a Boar's Head free state.

When I been there in the past all I saw was Sara Lee same with Colorado, and it just not the same, if I guess I just eat more peanut butter which I love.

JimG.

Staff member
When I been there in the past all I saw was Sara Lee same with Colorado, and it just not the same, if I guess I just eat more peanut butter which I love.

I didn't know Sara Lee made cold cuts, I thought they made cake and pie.

makimono

Dude I went to school in Montana and the sandwich situation out there straight sucked! They think Subway is a great freshly made sub.

In my sophomore year I found a guy that operated a black market deli out of his house, cooked his own roast beef and turkey, I was there every day. It's like there's an unwritten law banning good cold cuts west of the Mississippi or something...

vdk03

Pretty sure they sell boars head here in Colorado. I don't know if the sandwich shops sell it, but I've seen boars head in the grocery store

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

Pretty sure they sell boars head here in Colorado. I don't know if the sandwich shops sell it, but I've seen boars head in the grocery store

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

That is great news thanks, so when I go to Colorado for my Drs prescription, I will pick up some Boars Head deli for sure.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Scotty, you are doing it wrong. Schaller & Weber deli meats are readily available near you and their deli products blow away Boars Head.

steamboat1

Scotty, you are doing it wrong. Schaller & Weber deli meats are readily available near you and their deli products blow away Boars Head.

Schaller & Weber is excellent. Big difference between their cold cuts & Boars Head garbage. I go to their store on 86th St. & 2nd Ave in the city sometimes to pick up all kinds of German goodies.

Karl Ehmer is also good but they closed the store near me that I was familiar with. I know they have other locations.

My favorite German restaurant in Queens opened up a German deli next store last year. I hear it's good but haven't tried it yet. Zum Stammtich is the name of the place.

Anyone who thinks Boars Head brand is good doesn't know what they're talking about.