• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bromley under new managment

thetrailboss

Staff member
Still, Jiminy is getting aggressive.....first Cranmore now Bromley. Interesting. But they need something that is different than what they have (like Saddleback or something a bit wilder). I wonder if they considered Bolton?

tjf67

Still, Jiminy is getting aggressive.....first Cranmore now Bromley. Interesting. But they need something that is different than what they have (like Saddleback or something a bit wilder). I wonder if they considered Bolton?

Why? They figured a profitable model with Jimney now they repeat. They got jimney going and we know its not because of good terrain.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Jiminy runs a tight ship. I don't really love their terrain...a bit McTraily with everything straight down the fall line and groomed...but I do usually get a day upto a few days there either early or late season. They run some good e-coupon deals that I have used quite a few times in the past. Definitely a well-run operation. I can't say anything about Cranmore....as I've never skied there (but they did have those cool old ski-mobile lift things...so they do already have a 1 up in my book!). But, Bromley does have some interesting terrain...albeit a bit on the tame side. But there are some old school trails and the place has a homey feel. Plus its an original.....one of the first resorts in the country. And, of course, has that great southern exposure for those cold vt. days....and makes for some awesome spring skiing!

Kudos and good luck I say!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
They are certainly sticking with the business model as they expand operations. Mid-sized mountains that can pack in a lot of skiers into a small foot print. Big enough to make a trip for but not too big.

drjeff

One other thing to consider if you take a look at Jiminy, Cranmore and now Bromley, is all 3 of them have already inplace, EXTENSIVE summer attractions to compliment the winter snow sliding activities. Coincidence?? Who knows

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
One other thing to consider if you take a look at Jiminy, Cranmore and now Bromley, is all 3 of them have already inplace, EXTENSIVE summer attractions to compliment the winter snow sliding activities. Coincidence?? Who knows

Extensive summer attractions close to big summer tourism centers (ie Conway, Manchester)

ta&idaho

Call me crazy, but I think Jiminy has good terrain (for the location) that they have chosen to build wide straight runs that they groom to oblivion. Bromley's the opposite: somewhat lacking in the natural endowments but they embrace bumps, trees, and other interesting terrain features. I like Bromley and really hope the new managements doesn't ruin the place.