• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 1/22/11

Madroch

Aw, come on sev, bumpers can ski on zee right side and zee left side, and Rudy and you "others" can ski right in zee middle, No?

Greg

Staff member
ok, so 2 weeks away.. riding up lift 1 today looks like they've cleared out lower stinger to the left of the chair (as you go up) and i assume this is where they'll do the comp? when does seeding begin?

You are correct about the site.

I'm confused about the site. Are you talking from where that jump was and down through Ex to the skier's left of the fan gun "islands" in the middle?

We may even keep bumps on both sides of Exhibition. I have to see how other feel about it.

PS the others are fine with both sides of EX bumped...I checked.

No we're not!!!!!! :angry:

I was assuming the comp course would be far skier's left on Ex where the big air jumps usually are (now where they have that barrel bonk thing). If so, how is leaving the skier's right bumps on Ex up (which are probably the best they've ever been) any different than when the last fenced off section of the park is in place?

If the course is going to be looker's left of lift one as riding up, then yeah, Ex bumps probably will have to go.

BTW, my daughter's birthday party is this day. It's in the morning so I still hope to get to the mountain in the afternoon, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get there in time to compete. Hope to be able to attend and heckle though (and ski the course after the comp for a while).

Madroch

I'll give you a middle you can kiss! :p

Truly Callahanesque....;-)

I too am confused as to location of the course... but I have the pinewood derby so will only be a late arriving spectator/heckler. My interest is therefore purely invested in the skiing in process and lobbying to keep the course around as long as possible post event.

gmcunni

I'm confused about the site. Are you talking from where that jump was and down through Ex to the skier's left of the fan gun "islands" in the middle?

not sure how high up it will start but this is where i figured it would be:

P1040446.JPG

bvibert

Staff member
Huh... The way I understood it the course would be on the other side of the fence, where the big air used to go (where the barrel bonk is now).

Greg

Staff member
Huh... The way I understood it the course would be on the other side of the fence, where the big air used to go (where the barrel bonk is now).

That's what I thought too. If it is indeed where Gary is showing, Ex bumps are gonna have to go.

Madroch

Whatever happened to the Big Air jump? I'm guessing, from the contents of the new liability waiver I had to sign this year, it was a risk casualty?

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
the vibert is correct....

we're going to put the bumps after the s rail and go down to the landing area of the cannon feature. should work out awesome. its a good consistant pitch, with pleanty of room for spectators. with the amount of kids coming through that area, they should ski in really quickly.

bvibert

Staff member
Whatever happened to the Big Air jump? I'm guessing, from the contents of the new liability waiver I had to sign this year, it was a risk casualty?

My understanding is that the big air catered to a very small percentage of the park population. This year they're trying to build a park that's more useful to a larger percentage.

mondeo

My understanding is that the big air catered to a very small percentage of the park population. This year they're trying to build a park that's more useful to a larger percentage.
I thought the big air was just a late season competition thing anyways. The jump they had skier's right up top wasn't that much smaller as the air they had at the bottom most of last year.

Not that it matters. The park will be lame until they put in a step up with some good kick.