• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke area lodging?

burski

You may want to also try Sweet Basils downtown Lyndonville really good fresh food / burritos. Also Pizza Man in Lyndonville is the best pizza behind Trout River. Dylan's Cafe in St J is very good but has some odd operating hours....

thetrailboss

Staff member
You may want to also try Sweet Basils downtown Lyndonville really good fresh food / burritos. Also Pizza Man in Lyndonville is the best pizza behind Trout River. Dylan's Cafe in St J is very good but has some odd operating hours....

I've heard good things about Pizza Man (I like their ice cream) and Sweet Basil. My Grandmother loves Dylan's but it is an odd operation.

oldtimer

Kham's Tai restaurant just north of the center of St J on 5 - right side headed north. I have had a couple of very good meals there and they are friendly.

abc

The Golden Lion is nice. The owners are AZers and used to offer a discount.
I didn't know they give discount for AZer's! I never thought to ask. But I'll remember now. The price was actually quite acceptable for the quality of food and sleep. So it'll definitely be top of the list the next time I go back to the area.

MommaBear

Ride and Ski NE card. Rideandskine.com
Mentioned the card when I called for reservation and it worked out to $120 after taxes....includes breakfast. Heading up this wknd

Thanks for the info! My husband will be up there as well this weekend. The $109 room rate with the card vs the AAA we got is definitely worth looking into next time (too late for this trip)! The website says the price has been reduced for the end of the season - shows at $25....what is it normally?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanks for the info! My husband will be up there as well this weekend. The $109 room rate with the card vs the AAA we got is definitely worth looking into next time (too late for this trip)! The website says the price has been reduced for the end of the season - shows at $25....what is it normally?

It has been a while since I had one, but it was on the order of $50 and included a free ticket. All the money went to Children's Hospital at Dartmouth. It is a great program and they (at least used to) run lots of Saturday buy-one-get-one-free days at resorts.

xwhaler

It's $35 with ticket and 2 for 1s every Saturday at a different mtn with fun apres parties. I've been a card holder for the past 8 yrs

LONGBOARDR

Lynburke is a hole
Fairbanks Inn St Jay, nice and clean and they take pets, ask for any specials wrt lift tickets. Not a chain locally owned-operated
free conti breakfast

xwhaler

Comfort Inn very nice. Ramuntos in st J also good albeit a bit overpriced and brick oven pizza was a bit soggy. Beer selection good and a couple folks singing and guitar made for a nice dinner spot.

Last edited: