• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

bvibert

highpeaksdrifter

You posted after Greg's entertaining rant:

Ok guys, time to let this die...

I think its time for the lock...

Yes, thats right the moderators get the last words

Greg's the web master, you're a moderator.

Isn't that like a vice-president telling the president what to do? I mean it would be like Chenny telling Bush to be quite and just do what he said. Not going to happen right? Just an example to make my point. I'm not trying to make a political comment because I know that's not allowed.

I have the day off and can't go skiing. I need something to do besides being obnoxious. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I could go or what I can do?

hammer

highpeaksdrifter said:
Isn't that like a vice-president telling the president what to do? I mean it would be like Chenny telling Bush to be quite and just do what he said.
I was under the impression that this does happen...

Oops, I made a political comment...shame on me... :oops:

BTW, I have no suggestions and, since I have to work today, I have no sympathy... :wink:

JimG.

Staff member
highpeaksdrifter said:
You posted after Greg's entertaining rant:

Ok guys, time to let this die...

I think its time for the lock...

Yes, thats right the moderators get the last words

Greg's the web master, you're a moderator.

Isn't that like a vice-president telling the president what to do? I mean it would be like Chenny telling Bush to be quite and just do what he said. Not going to happen right? Just an example to make my point. I'm not trying to make a political comment because I know that's not allowed.

I have the day off and can't go skiing. I need something to do besides being obnoxious. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I could go or what I can do?

Silly question...I suggest you drink heavily.

bvibert

Staff member
Greg snuck his post in while I was in the process of locking it...

The thread had run its course and was turning into a flame war, thats why I locked it.

bvibert

Staff member
BTW, my last line was intended as a joke. Maybe it was in bad taste, if so I'm sorry...

Son of Drifter

HPD I've got something for you to do. Head over to my apartment and do some house work. The place needs a good once over. Did you see that Pat's heading over for the GAMES. That man is truly living the dream. He'll end up banging some hot little italian honey. PAT for PRESIDENT. Look a political statement. I hope the forum doesn't crash. ;)

freeheelwilly

There was a flame war and I missed it? Dang! You guys gotta let those smolder a little longer. At least until I can get a few shots in. Here's an idea: When a thread has devolved into a flame war, put a little "flame" icon next to it so we can all come rubber neckin'.

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
wow, this stuff usually stops once the snow starts flying :eek: get out there and ski and stop bickering!

Good advice, shouldn't you be hiking to the top of Cannon by now?? ;)

The snow hasn't really started flying down here yet, a little last night and this morning, but not much. They're calling for a few inches on T-day though, I can't wait! :beer:

highpeaksdrifter

Son of Drifter said:
Did you see that Pat's heading over for the GAMES. That man is truly living the dream. He'll end up banging some hot little italian honey.

Just because Pat is single, lives off his investments, skis every day he likes, travels the world, and gets with hot babes much younger then him doesn't mean he is happy.

Those of us who work for a living and are married with children are the back bone of American society. We are the happy ones.

Dang, I hate Pat. I'm no longer goin be his friend.

highpeaksdrifter

freeheelwilly said:
There was a flame war and I missed it? Dang! You guys gotta let those smolder a little longer. At least until I can get a few shots in. Here's an idea: When a thread has devolved into a flame war, put a little "flame" icon next to it so we can all come rubber neckin'.

It's in here somewhere Willy. http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?s=85a3dbcf771f9915b3efb244d151b738&act=idx
I tried to find it for you but struck out. Maybe some one else in here will point the way.

Keep an eye out for me this weekend, we'll take some runs.

noski

hammer said:
highpeaksdrifter said:
Isn't that like a vice-president telling the president what to do? I mean it would be like Chenny telling Bush to be quite and just do what he said.
I was under the impression that this does happen...

Oops, I made a political comment...shame on me... :oops:

BTW, I have no suggestions and, since I have to work today, I have no sympathy... :wink:
dang, I missed it. Anyway, as the boss (greg), aren't you supposed to surround yourself with people who make you look good? ;) I need to find some more employees...

awf170

We should use this pretty useless, and turn it into the "Official AZ trip to ski denton" I'm not interesting in that 66 degree slope. But I do want to ski the insane triple-fall line trail. They must have some sorta 4th dimension there to make it possible :wink: (Its okay to make fun of there triple-fall line trail right because we all know thats impossible, right...)

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
bvibert said:
Good advice, shouldn't you be hiking to the top of Cannon by now?? ;)
burke, yes. i am back now. who did i meet in the parking lot but mr. trailboss himself! small world.
:beer:

Cool, we'll be awaiting pics! ;) Was TB skiing or just gaping as ussual?? :lol:

RossiSkier

highpeaksdrifter said:
Isn't that like a vice-president telling the president what to do?

What's a moder-hater do anyhow? Isn't Dick Cheney a pompous ass? Was that your comparison? :lol: