• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon - 12/4/2005

skibum

Date(s) Skied:
12/4/2005
Noon til 2
Resort or Ski Area:
Cannon
Conditions:
Link to Ravine.
Man-made(duh), Ice in the middle, loose gran. moguls on the side. Scraped off cuz I arrived at noon. snowmakers going full blast and snowing a bit. The middle flatter part of Ravine with the rock wall on skier's right had some good carvable snow on it.
Trip Report:
My first time out on the East Coast since '93 went well (spent last 12 yrs. in CO). Conditions, you could say,were as 'bad' as I expected. But, I had more fun than I thought I would.
No line on the quad, just rolled right on every time. Run was a little crowded, esp. when the franconia ski club was out. If they weren't standing around in groups of twenty on the side of the run, they were snaking a long chain of racers down the middle, blazing past everyone.
After a couple runs I realized I wasn't putting the safety bar down and didn't have a leash on my board, but nobody said nuthin. Did 7-8 runs and started to feel sloppy. Left feeling happy.