• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Catamount - 3/25/05

skijay

Resort: Catamount Ski Area

Date Skied: 03/25/05

Conditions: Low 40’s, cloudy, nice soft snow!

Trip Report:
We arrived around 9:30am and skied to 2:30. I would like to say to everyone who is planning to go skiing this weekend, Go! The snow is melting but slowly thankfully because of the overcast. My first run was down Catapult. There was a little bit of icy patches around 9:30am. I had a blast on the trail. She went down Glade as she is learning the bumps and the trail’s right side has small bumps with many, many emergency exits, as I call it. I continued down the lower part of Off stage for some more beautiful bumps. The next run down was Expressway which is also off of the summit lift. The snow conditions could not of been better. The snow was soft but not slush. Only later in the day we felt a little bit of friction on the skis approaching the lifts.

I am really beginning to love Catamount! The terrain park was where we did a few more runs. I am able to ride up the sides of the half pipe and do a nice turn back down. The left side of the pipe was the side to do it on.

While riding on the turquoise lift we noticed some people skiing in the woods. We got off at the mid station and found several places that boarders have made some trails in the "glades". Having snowblades, you appreciate when snowboarders make passes in the deep snow and pack it down. We made several runs through these glades. There was not much of a pitch but it sure was fun!

We did a few runs down the Off stage and throughout the day the snow really got nice and soft and those bumps were great.

My last run was down Catapult and by this time everything was nice and soft, not sticky. To my surprise we did not see a lot of skiers / boarders on Catapult while we were on the summit lift.

Catamount rocks!

Greg

Staff member
OMG. I was there today too. I wish I knew you were going. I unfortunately didn't get started until 2:30. There's a long story behind it which I will explain in the TR later tonight...

Greg

Staff member
Here's my trip report and pics. So are you going to be a Catamount pass holder next year, instead of Butternut? $199 now too, ya know.

skijay

We were thinking about doing Magic on Friday, but the earliest we could leave was 8:30 and had to be back by 4:00pm, so Catamount was the choice! It was $25, and well worth it.

If I buy a Berks pass for next season, it may be the Cat. I wish the two of them would offer a combo pass, that would be ideal.