• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cheap lodging in Lake Placid?

ta&idaho

We're looking for a cheap place to crash in Lake Placid, ideally walking distance from somewhere to grab a beer. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

yiming

I am looking for the same info. Will be in Smugglers Saturday and plan on driving to Whiteface to ski on Sunday. Any lodging info (motel/inn), ideally, on the way from smugglers to whiteface.

gmcunni

i wish i could remember his name but there was a guy who posted here at the beginning of this season, or maybe last, that was the new owner a place and was advertising (for lack of a better word) very inexpensive ski & stay packages for LP.

tjf67

i wish i could remember his name but there was a guy who posted here at the beginning of this season, or maybe last, that was the new owner a place and was advertising (for lack of a better word) very inexpensive ski & stay packages for LP.

He is the best western in Saranac lake.

tjf67

We're looking for a cheap place to crash in Lake Placid, ideally walking distance from somewhere to grab a beer. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I dont know what your idea of cheap is.

Check the Pines Inn,

Best Location is The High Peaks Resort.

Call them both and see what you can do. They both sell lift tickets cheaper if you are skiing two days. Like 102 bucks for two days.

If you are lookng for just cheap call the Alpine House. You can probably get a room for 50 bucks.