• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Closing Dates for New England Mountains - 2015

Jcb890

The walk up rate last weekend was $70 - not sure what it will be this weekend - most of the same terrain and lifts and services will be available the way it looks though

Mt. Snow was pretty good today. Can't ask for too much more for $20 and with it being their last day of operations.

catsup948

They're almost certainly going to be open next weekend. And I talked to someone who works there that said they would consider being open in May. And you can still ski the trees in certain spots.

I hope the weather is good for them next weekend. This up coming week seems much colder and wetter.

drjeff

Mt. Snow was pretty good today. Can't ask for too much more for $20 and with it being their last day of operations.

Yup - just a really fun spring day for sure!

And if it wasn't for the major snowmaking pipe replacement project for next season already underway that is scheduled to REALLY ramp up starting tomorrow and continue until the snow melts out (its much easier to drag the new pipe up the mountain and the old pipe down and off the mountain on snow vs on dirt) they certainly had enough snow left on the mountain at the end of today, and looking at this weeks forecast, to have allowed them to ski next weekend if the construction project wasn't going to be in full effect

Jcb890

Yup - just a really fun spring day for sure!

And if it wasn't for the major snowmaking pipe replacement project for next season already underway that is scheduled to REALLY ramp up starting tomorrow and continue until the snow melts out (its much easier to drag the new pipe up the mountain and the old pipe down and off the mountain on snow vs on dirt) they certainly had enough snow left on the mountain at the end of today, and looking at this weeks forecast, to have allowed them to ski next weekend if the construction project wasn't going to be in full effect

I noticed on Plummet over on the North Face they had all sorts of pipes laid out on the ground ready to get going, otherwise Plummet looked like it had plenty of snow to be open if it had been groomed. I didn't see any others up close, but I'm sure there was at least a couple of other trails which this also was going on. I wonder if they really would have had enough snow. They had plenty for Sunday, but some rock spots were starting to show and as the day went on, I was seeing some branches/sticks coming up through the snow. It isn't supposed to be really warm this week, but 40's and 50's with some rain. I would think that would ruin most of the rest of the snow that is up there.

xwhaler

Attachments

• 1429546190847.jpg
    1429546190847.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 1429546207579.jpg
    1429546207579.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 1429546219934.jpg
    1429546219934.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 215

drjeff

I noticed on Plummet over on the North Face they had all sorts of pipes laid out on the ground ready to get going, otherwise Plummet looked like it had plenty of snow to be open if it had been groomed. I didn't see any others up close, but I'm sure there was at least a couple of other trails which this also was going on. I wonder if they really would have had enough snow. They had plenty for Sunday, but some rock spots were starting to show and as the day went on, I was seeing some branches/sticks coming up through the snow. It isn't supposed to be really warm this week, but 40's and 50's with some rain. I would think that would ruin most of the rest of the snow that is up there.

The pipes on Plummet are part of the off season snowmaking pipe replacement Mount Snow is doing. And I'm hoping that they'll be moving the pipes from skiers right where they have been for years to skiers left, which will allow them to make snow on Plummet much more often and not be at the mercy of the prevailing Northwest winds direction that can bury the guns with the original snowmaking pipe on the right set (they used to drag hoses over to Jaws every now and then and hence why they put the pipes over there years ago)

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Nice I thought about going this morning but bailed. Glad to someone get it.

I also bailed...skied Whiteface and Cannon this weekend and was hoping to make to BW for Monday, but forecast, a lot of skiing, being away from family ... and paying to ski in the potential rain made take a break.

Hoping to continue the Foxcard marathon in the next few days. I also have Jay left which would make it #9, not bad considering that I had also had used Owl's Head and Titus until April 11. Gore, Bolton, MRG, Smuggs from April 11-14. WF and Cannon last weekend.

Regardless the temperatures are falling, snow will be falling in some areas and skiing with lifts spinning are also falling. Go skiing while you can. Great conditions !!!

[h=2]Falling temperatures, snow and options – Eastern Closing Thread 2015 – Week 3[/h]https://madpatski.wordpress.com/201...d-options-eastern-closing-thread-2015-week-3/

wa-loaf

Who's going to be open Friday May 1st? Want to head up somewhere to close off the season, but thinking more options will be available on the 2nd.

chuckstah

Sugarloaf is planning on running the Superquad only daily til May 3. Skyline also this weekend. According to their daily report.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Ski Mad World's list for this week.

Not to bad, only 2 ski resorts that opened last weekend are calling it a season.

Potentially 8 will be spinning this weekend in the East. Only 2 daily.

May or May not? Eastern Closing Thread 2015 – Week 4
https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/may-or-may-not-eastern-closing-thread-2015-week-4/

Powdermonster wrote:
That's no surprise. Killington's always open until, like May 10th.​

Always...well, for the last two seasons. The dark ages at Kmart had them not reach the second weekend in May in 7 years straight. But if you look since May 1977, those were the only seasons where they didn't make it.

List of K seasons since 1966-67:
https://madpatski.wordpress.com/201...-are-back-for-its-pass-and-card-holders-only/

Jcb890

Ski Mad World's list for this week.

Not to bad, only 2 ski resorts that opened last weekend are calling it a season.

Potentially 8 will be spinning this weekend in the East. Only 2 daily.

May or May not? Eastern Closing Thread 2015 – Week 4
https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/may-or-may-not-eastern-closing-thread-2015-week-4/

Powdermonster wrote:

Always...well, for the last two seasons. The dark ages at Kmart had them not reach the second weekend in May in 7 years straight. But if you look since May 1977, those were the only seasons where they didn't make it.

List of K seasons since 1966-67:
https://madpatski.wordpress.com/201...-are-back-for-its-pass-and-card-holders-only/

Thanks for posting this stuff and keeping track. Do you update your blog like this every year? If so, I may need to bookmark ya!