• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Colts vs Bears

Who will win the superbowl

• Bears in a close one

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Bears in a blowout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colts in a close one

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Colts in a blowout

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

JimG.

Staff member
The weather made a big difference, yet still the Bears couldn't capitalize. It all came down to the Bears offense which is weak. Special teams certainly came through (Hester is a stud), and they had the lead and were close at the half.

But the Colts stoned them in the second half. The Bears had nothing to respond with. Grossman is not a playmaker.

The better team won.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Hey, in bad weather the defense is suppose to shine....Peyton smoked them

One of the best bowls to watch in a long time....

Threw some steaks on annd came back in and it was 7-0

Wild game...could have used a closer finish...but Rex is...well, Rex

ChileMass

Bad game, bad commercials, bad halftime - what a shit game. And Rex Grossman just SUCKS!!!! He has to be the worst QB to ever play in a Super Bowl......

It's hard to watch the Colts win. And if he wasn't insufferable enough before, now Peyton is America's Hero since he finally won a Super Bowl. However, I have to admit that Tony Dungy is a good guy and it's nice to see him win...........there, I said it.......

Sheik Yerbouti

Bad game, bad commercials, bad halftime - what a shit game. And Rex Grossman just SUCKS!!!! He has to be the worst QB to ever play in a Super Bowl......

It's hard to watch the Colts win. And if he wasn't insufferable enough before, now Peyton is America's Hero since he finally won a Super Bowl.

I can see it now. "CSI:Miami brought to you pimpmyself manning" "60 Minutes brought to you by Pimpy Manning"
blech.

JimG.

Staff member
Why do so many people seem to dislike Peyton Manning? Because Archie Manning is his father? Because he works so hard? Because he's good? Because he just wrote his check to the Hall of Fame?

Or is it because he beat the Pats?

Just askin' because he seems like a decent, hard working young man to me. I wouldn't mind it if one of my boys grew up to be as decent and as successful as he is.

And I think his commercials are good, even though I could care less what he's selling.

Sheik Yerbouti

Why do so many people seem to dislike Peyton Manning? Because Archie Manning is his father? Because he works so hard? Because he's good? Because he just wrote his check to the Hall of Fame?

Just askin' because he seems like a decent, hard working young man to me. I wouldn't mind it if one of my boys grew up to be as decent and as successful as he is.

And I think his commercials are good, even though I could care less what he's selling.

I can only speak for myself, but I think he's a pompous crybaby who doesn't take blame for his mistakes and blames his teammates. You saw some in yesterdays game, he threw behind the reciever and proceeded to bitch at the player for not catching an uncatchable ball.
He seems pretty damn full of himself too, not much humility. I could be wrong, but that's how I feel.

hammer

It's hard to watch the Colts win. And if he wasn't insufferable enough before, now Peyton is America's Hero since he finally won a Super Bowl. However, I have to admit that Tony Dungy is a good guy and it's nice to see him win...........there, I said it.......
Not that you're biased or anything :wink:, but how do you think the Pats would have done against the Bears if they had made it?

I didn't watch the game (OK, maybe I saw a few seconds of it) but I get the impression that if the Patriots were in the game and playing like they could have that they would have beaten the Bears soundly...

jack97

Highest paid qb in history, comes from the social class of elite qb families. It's because he doesn't need to do commercials but chooses to do them anyway.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Highest paid qb in history, It's because he doesn't need to do commercials but chooses to do them anyway.

Well, if you're going to use money as a measuring stick of why you hate athletes, you must not like too many.

How do you feel about players like Michael Jordan (an ex-player who redefined endorsement) and Tiger Woods (who took what Jordan did and brought it to the next level)?

FRITOLAYGUY

Why do so many people seem to dislike Peyton Manning?

Jim remember when Elway won , u couldnt get the smile off his face, Manning was just Ho-hum, he didnt even seem to enjoy it, and hes a crybaby when he loses, short answers and what not, then when we wins he doesnt even seem to enjoy it. Hmmm So Mickelson got the monkey off his back, Manning got it off his, Guess whos next yankee fans A-ROD lol. Ohhhh it will be a fun baseball season

JimG.

Staff member
Jim remember when Elway won , u couldnt get the smile off his face, Manning was just Ho-hum, he didnt even seem to enjoy it, and hes a crybaby when he loses, short answers and what not, then when we wins he doesnt even seem to enjoy it. Hmmm So Mickelson got the monkey off his back, Manning got it off his, Guess whos next yankee fans A-ROD lol. Ohhhh it will be a fun baseball season

When Elway lost you couldn't get him to hide those horse teeth...he was always smiling.

I didn't think Manning was ho hum...remember, everyone expected him to win anyway, so he can't win regardless. If he's dancing, people don't like him because he was supposed to win, if he loses he's the perpetual bridesmaid.

Crybaby? I've heard others say that and that he blames his teammates when he throws bad passes...or is he telling his teammates that they just ran the wrong route? Hmmmm?

Short answers? You mean like Belichick? Nuff said. Athletes shouldn't be bubbly when they lose.

Screw A-hole...I'm still pissed he's still a Yankee.

jack97

Well, if you're going to use money as a measuring stick of why you hate athletes, you must not like too many.

QUOTE]

Its not about the money.... (couldn't resist that line). Its about his persona being thrown at me all week long. After a certain point, it grows old.

Paul

Let's all be frank here for a sec...

Its the Laser, rocket arm, isn't it? You all have something against 6'4" 230 lb.quarterbacks with laser, rocket arms.

I knew it...

jack97

Let's all be frank here for a sec...

Its the Laser, rocket arm, isn't it? You all have something against 6'4" 230 lb.quarterbacks with laser, rocket arms.

I knew it...

It's not envy... blah blah.

If it was, I would hate brady, one of the top paid qbs with three rings. Dates bridget, breaks up and dates geisel. Goes see the pope and got a balcony seat at the state of the union address. Man what a life.

Paul

It's not envy... blah blah.

If it was, I would hate brady, one of the top paid qbs with three rings. Dates bridget, breaks up and dates geisel. Goes see the pope and got a balcony seat at the state of the union address. Man what a life.

Yeah..... but he doesn't have a laser, rocket arm, though. :dunce:

JimG.

Staff member

QUOTE]

Its not about the money.... (couldn't resist that line). Its about his persona being thrown at me all week long. After a certain point, it grows old.

Look, I'm not an Indy fan or a fan of Manning...yup, we were saturated with Peyton beyond acceptable limits.

But I get sick of hearing about alot of athletes...Tiger is one who never seems to be off the radar, as was Jordan in his day. How about Kobe, someone who I think is a bad teammate and not all that smart? I was sick of hearing about his hotel room affair and the multi-carot ring he had to buy for his wife to make up. And don't even get me started with A-hole and his crap.

My point? Blame the media if you're sick of that stuff, not Manning. To me, he's a great football player, probably one of the better QB's statistically ever. And he did what Dan Marino never did do...he won the big game. Give the guy a break.