• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Compression Socks?

snoseek

Those are expensive socks!!!!!

Nick if you have poor circulation or varicose veins they help a lot.

snowmonster

The only thing I know about CEP socks is that Chris Davenport is pushing them. I associate compression socks with long airplane flights and people with poor circulation. I read the literature and wonder how much is real science and how much is marketing claims. I won't pretend to to be a scientist but at that price point, I think I'll pass for now. Curious to know how others do with these socks.

AngryHugo

Website
www.facebook.com
I've been using the CEP socks all winter and really like them. I work in a bike shop, so I can get them on employee purchase (we sell other CEP products), otherwise they'd be too expensive. My feet do stay warmer than regular ski socks, and my calf muscles are still pretty fresh when my quads are shot.

There are some cheaper alternatives popping up (I think Smartwool is making a compression sock now), so that may be something to keep your eyes peeled for if you were interested.