• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Don't care what "they" say, I DON'T like...

mondeo

In the same vein as the similar thread, stuff other people call "good" that you just can't stand. Feel free to include mini rants - but nothing other than light-hearted jabs in response. Be tolerant of other people's intolerance.

Mine:
The Office. It's not humor. It just isn't. You've been brainwashed by the crafty Brits, America.

Metallica, Green Day, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones

Shakespeare. What a hack. "He's brilliant because he made up a lot of words because he couldn't figure out how to rhyme within his own language!" ... :blink:

Grey's Anatomy. How has this crap won Emmys, seriously? I watched half of one show, because some guy friends told me it actually wasn't bad. There were three plot lines introduced, and I called all three within 2 minutes of their introductions. Most predictable show I've ever seen.

Hippies. Get a job. Be a productive member of society.

Environmentalists. Nobody is pure, so stop being such damn snobs about how your car is twice as efficient as mine, even though you drive twice as far to work. Al Gore has profited more from environmental issues than is imaginable, and yet still has a house that uses 15x the normal amount of electricity and flies on private jets to India to give speeches to audiences of 100 people. Think of the buzz he could generate by going an entire year without leaving Tennessee, and doing his $100K speeches through video conference. You know, actually be an agent of change instead of just a profiteer.

Philpug

Lost

Dave Mathews

$5.00 cups of coffee

E.R.

Scrubs

The Tudors

Rome

The Beach

Miller Light

Cereal with milk in it

Lasagna

Swimming

TVs larger than 25 inches or more than 200 dollars

Baseball

College Basketball

Horse Racing

TGIFridays/Applebees

temperatures over 65 degrees

Jeans

Top 40 radio

Direct Deposit

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

Milk

American Cheese

Mayonaise

Ranch Dressing

Lost

American Idol

Antiques Roadshow

Public Transportation

non-high speed lifts

ski trails with manmade rollers

Hallmark Holidays

Paul

Metallica, Green Day, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones (Post 1975)

Hippies. Get a job. Be a productive member of society.

Environmentalists. Nobody is pure, so stop being such damn snobs about how your car is twice as efficient as mine, even though you drive twice as far to work. Al Gore has profited more from environmental issues than is imaginable, and yet still has a house that uses 15x the normal amount of electricity and flies on private jets to India to give speeches to audiences of 100 people. Think of the buzz he could generate by going an entire year without leaving Tennessee, and doing his $100K speeches through video conference. You know, actually be an agent of change instead of just a profiteer.

I think I found my new Man-crush

drjeff

snakes

coffee - Seriously I've had just 2 cups in my lifetime. Just not my thing

jack97

pork.... I had to dissect a pig during college, the smell and texture had a lasting affect.

Greg

Staff member
How many AZers can I offend?

The Grateful Dead
Spending an inordinate amount of time watching sports on TV, especially baseball

deadheadskier

Staff member
I don't like the cheezy grunge / top 40 pop rock Greg uses as soundtracks for his videos requiring me to watch them on mute. Take off the flannel shirt and ripped jeans Greg, Kurt Cobain is dead and Sound Garden blows. :smash:

Greg

Staff member
I don't like the cheezy grunge / top 40 pop rock Greg uses as soundtracks for his videos requiring me to watch them on mute. Take off the flannel shirt and ripped jeans Greg, Kurt Cobain is dead and Sound Garden blows. :smash:

Ha! Pop rock. :lol: Actually I like to use radical modern hard rock bands like Saliva or Fuel in my vids. What am I supposed to do, put on a Sugar Magnolias soundtrack or some other wimpy crap like that? A cool rock riff goes much better in a bump vid. Time to get current with your music and let the whole dead head thing go, me thinks... :roll: Jerry is dead too. ;)

And I would undoubtedly add Nirvana to this thread. I can't understand why they are even still relevant. They're always sorta sucked IMHO.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Ha! Pop rock. :lol: Actually I like to use radical modern hard rock bands like Saliva or Fuel in my vids. What am I supposed to do, put on a Sugar Magnolias soundtrack or some other wimpy crap like that? A cool rock riff goes much better in a bump vid. Time to get current with your music and let the whole dead head thing go, me thinks... :roll: Jerry is dead too. ;)

And I would undoubtedly add Nirvana to this thread. I can't understand why they are even still relevant. They're always sorta sucked IMHO.

LOL.

You talk up Saliva and Fuel and bash Nirvana? :roll:

Greg

Staff member
LOL.

You talk up Saliva and Fuel and bash Nirvana? :roll:

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong. Nirvana deserves its place in rock history. The fact is though that they simply lucked out by becoming part of the initial Seattle grunge scene. Nobody would have even paid any attention if they released Nevermind in 1996 after a few albums by Alice in Chains, STP and Soundgarden. Repetitive three chord progressions, a weak voiced singer with no range, and stupid lyrics. Meh. Kurt Cobain's early death sort of immortalized what I consider an average rock band with average songs.