• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Don't Forget, Farmer's Almanac Says "Slow Start"

Zand

After a great last week of October, we might be facing the music for the next month. Don't forget farmer's almanac said a "slow start to winter". After a look at the 15-day forecast, it looks like November will start off warm and dry.

dmo

Eww.

This is definitely looking pretty accurate, isn't it? Really getting sick of walking around this fall sans jacket.

Mark_151

This is starting off like the last two seasons -- a promising start, then warm weather (freeze/thaw, freeze/thaw last year) and drout until ???????? :blink:

highpeaksdrifter

Skiers are feeling anxious. The last snow storm had everybody jazzed to get going. Now this warm spell comes, we feel helpless and ticked off. I don't know what to do with myself waiting for the weather to turn again.

JimG.

Staff member
highpeaksdrifter said:
Skiers are feeling anxious. The last snow storm had everybody jazzed to get going. Now this warm spell comes, we feel helpless and ticked off. I don't know what to do with myself waiting for the weather to turn again.

My advice is to drink and smoke heavily :lol: .

dmc

JimG. said:
highpeaksdrifter said:

We'll all be riding in a couple weeks...
So much to do before the season starts...

Tyrolean_skier

dmc said:
JimG. said:
highpeaksdrifter said:

We'll all be riding in a couple weeks...
So much to do before the season starts...

Still working on the house DMC?