• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dual Late Season Storm Thread

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Storm 1 is Friday and Friday night. Pretty much a super-soaker for most of ski country. High elevation and high north mountains could do well on the back-end with a few inches of snow (or more) after a rain start. Models keep waving back and fourth on snow totals for this one.

Storm 2 is Sunday-Monday and at this point is significantly colder than the first storm but precipitation type is still uncertain.

Sugarloaf looks like it will be the most likely winner, but it could be anywhere from 2"-12" total between the two storms. Everything is super elevation dependent but don't count winter out just yet! If it's cold enough there's a lot of precip between these two storms...roughly 2.5"-3" of liquid.

KustyTheKlown

open snow is downright bullish about sunday-thursday. looks like a skip this weekend, and then a cannon/saddleback long weekend april 2-4 (we get off for good Friday!)

1616516784487.png

1616517010115.png

ss20

The Euro just nuked Maine...and this scenario isn't an outlier...it's been replicated across all three of the major models at varying points in time.

Attachments

• euro.png
    euro.png
    630 KB · Views: 21

cdskier

The Euro just nuked Maine...and this scenario isn't an outlier...it's been replicated across all three of the major models at varying points in time.
Honestly I'd be thrilled with what it shows for the result in VT as well...

dblskifanatic

I know many here do not thinks highly of Accuweather but for what it is worth - I do not like this. They have been pretty spot on this season. See how this goes!

1616527795593.png

cdskier

this has been called for friday all week. friday-saturday, it gonn rain. its all about sunday-monday and beyond. this weekend is a washout.

Yup...this looks to be the first Friday since I got up to VT that I'm not going to ski after I finish working....

2Planker

Fri will be all rain, High 60
Sun 1'-3" wet snow before changing over to rain, High 40

Glenn

This is why I leave the snow stakes in up north until late April....

snoseek

So is this still trending good or is it just gonna rain?

ss20

So is this still trending good or is it just gonna rain?

Consistently showing 6"+ in Maine for Sunday. Vermont is the big question mark.

And also fwiw Friday night's rain is looking like a lot less and colder. Both Noaa offices in Grey ME and Burlington VT increased their snow forecasts for Friday from .1" to 1" lol.