• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

earl

darent

8;20pm nantucket, winds picking up over 20kts, with gust going higher, huge surf, raining. the effects of earl has started

darent

9;15pm-- wind 27kts gusting to 41 kts, raining, low areas are starting to hold water

darent

11;00pm not much has changed,still raining, winds 28 kts ,gusting to 42 kts,waves at 23' at se ocean bouy power still on at mid island

darent

not much of a storm, I think south of boston got more rain than we did, the cape reported more rain. our highest wind speed I heard was 60mph. I guess we dodged the ol bullet

Cannonball

Spent 3 days hauling my boats, moving work floats, securing gear. Ended up with a light breeze and some drizzle for about 3 hours. Now spending the entire weekend putting it all back. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

darent

yeh, same story here. the boys were putting some of the boats back in,plywood was coming down from the store fronts. everything moving back to normal. sunday and monday were great beach days!!