• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Eating Lunch at your Desk

Do you eat lunch at your desk?

• Always

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Never

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I don't eat lunch at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bvibert

Staff member
I usually eat in the cafeteria here, but if the coworkers I usually eat with aren't in then I'll usually eat at my desk.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
If company is providing, I usually try to go to a break area.
If I bring my lunch from home, I eat at my desk. Most office days, I just go home for lunch.
If I'm working from home I eat where ever I feel like it.

vdk03

As a carpenter on a job site, you make any kind of seat you want, an upside down bucket, whatever, and sit still and eat. A half hour, resting and shooting the bull. Then back at it. All too many times, I've seen men claim they don't stop working so they want to get paid for lunch break. But they stand by their saws and eat for 15-20 minutes shooting the bull, not working, they've actually stopped producing. So we are paying them for that unproductive time, and they don't get rested so they can produce better after lunch.... We had to put a stop to that. You take lunch. This is a physical job. we want you to get a refreshing break so you can go at it again this afternoon.

Also a carpenter here and when I was back in VT on the jobsite we got a paid 10 min morning break. Instead of taking the break at nine we would just sit down and have a ten min lunch around 11. This worked out great, we would get out a half hour earlier. At my new job here in CO the crew takes a 45 min lunch, my sandwich is usually done in five mins then I have to just hangout for the next forty. Kinda bugs me I've got things I could be doing at home. At least I have 40 mins to be on AZ a day. :D

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk