• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

EMS Catalog Article: "Boots with Wings"

Greg

Staff member
Anyone else read this? It's a pretty interesting article about Tim Seaver's breaking of Cave Dog's speed record climbing all New Hampshire 4000-footers. Final time was 3 days, 15 hours and 51 minutes. :eek: The article even mentions our very own "Frodo" and "Stinkyfeet" (from VFTT) and their winter record (10 days, 22 hours, 37 minutes). I guess beating that is Tim's next quest.

pedxing

I enjoyed that, too.

Overall, I thought the catazine was about as informative and interesting as Backpacker magazine, about as informative about a products flaws and, and hawked fewer products than Backpacker.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Used to really like Backpacker...but it seemed to get awful redundant after a few years :blink:

The Gear Guide is cool though...

pedxing

And Greg, Frodo isn't just a VFTT'er - you get to claim him, too. He has a couple dozen posts at AZ and has been really active in the FOT48 (which is where I first met him).

Tim Seaver

Website
www.vermontphoto.com
From the EMS Catazine article at:http://www.ems.com/navigation/cataz...28&fromTemplate=index.jsp&bmUID=1117549684482

"Now Seaver wants more. He's eyeing a winter record set in 2003-2004 by Sue Johnston of Waterford, Vermont, and Bob Williams of Wilmington, Massachusetts. They did it in 10 days, 22 hours, and 37 minutes--227 miles thru snow and ice. Seaver can't believe it took them so long."

I just want to make it clear that the final quote was intended to poke fun at the speed hiker mentality , and certainly wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for Bob and Sue's outstanding record - one that I will need every bit of strength, determination, and good weather to best.

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
Tim Seaver said:
I just want to make it clear that the final quote was intended to poke fun at the speed hiker mentality , and certainly wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for Bob and Sue's outstanding record - one that I will need every bit of strength, determination, and good weather to best.
No worries. We know you and I think we could all see implied wink in the text. Good luck and godspeed.

-dave-

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Tim Seaver said:
From the EMS Catazine article at:http://www.ems.com/navigation/cataz...28&fromTemplate=index.jsp&bmUID=1117549684482

"Now Seaver wants more. He's eyeing a winter record set in 2003-2004 by Sue Johnston of Waterford, Vermont, and Bob Williams of Wilmington, Massachusetts. They did it in 10 days, 22 hours, and 37 minutes--227 miles thru snow and ice. Seaver can't believe it took them so long."

Hi Tim

Been a big fan of your work for many years. I used to live in Montpelier. You might reconize my image I am using for my avatar.

pepsi

David Metsky said:
Tim Seaver said:
No worries. We know you and I think we could all see implied wink in the text. Good luck and godspeed.

-dave-

I think dave speaks for most of us. I know I smiled when I read it :)

And welcome to the board.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for logging in Tim and please keep us posted on your endeavors.