• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Everything happens for a reason - on and off the slopes...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey Ryan,
Seems like a seminal moment for you. Enjoy your day, enjoy you life. Smell the roses, appreciate the kindness offered by others and be sure to return it twofold. It's the little things in life that count. Now go ski!

dmc

So no snowboards and a single chair make this your "favorite mountains of all time" of all time... WTF did we ever do to you???
Are we that bad?

Morwax

I was helped many times by freinds and freinds parents when I was young. They knew skiing was as important to me as it was to them and went out of their way to give me a ride, or a place to stay. Good luck in your endeavors to make skiing part of your life. And pass the good vibes along:beer:

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
I would never cast an encouraging word to anybody that enjoys "no snowboards"...

ahh... I love boarders man, cant hate anyone who digs the snow... in my mission no where does it rip on snowboards - you can easily look at it like its all about the mountain:

"Ski Till I Die is a lifestyle – it’s for us. We understand that skiing is more than simple recreation. It’s not a name, its not an idea, It’s a brand about attitude and a way to live.

Because when you get to the mountain, there are family outings, snow bunnies, Apres Skiwarriors, ski schoolers, jean skiers, the “is he really wearing all yellow” skiers; and then there’s the crew with duct tape on their gloves. Those are the ones who get it.

And thats awesome. All those elements, attitudes, and styles are what makes skiing fresh. We’re an inclusive community who always look to school people about what it means to get it. Skiing brings people together. People who never woulda met, or had a beer together, meet with duct tape on their pants, all at the same place. These guys share the common interest to think snow.

If you hear about a snow day and you skip school or ditch work – this is for you. If you made it over The Gap in a foot of snow to get to the mountain – this is for you. If you party until 3 and wake up at 7 to zip up your jacket – this is for you.

I’m gonna SKI TILL I DIE and there’s no turning back. So click in your bindings and shred the gnar."

SkiDork

not sure why we need to bust on this guy. Yeah, he likes MRG but he doesn't go out of his way to mention the no snowboard thing, in you face etc (at least not that I could see)., Plus the focus of his site is adaptive ski instruction, which as I understand it benefits the handicapped...

Keep on keepin on Ryan.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I can't believe it but in my 27 years of skiing, I've never actually been to Mad River Glen. I've done Tuckermans, all over New England, Europe, Canada, Colorado... but never MRG.

Every time I think of MRG I remember working at Shady Glen in Manchester, CT in the late 90's when I was in high school. One of the managers there was a big skiier and always talked about MRG and Tuck's. I remember the sticker on the back of his Saab every time he drove off.

Geez, one of these days I gotta give it a spin!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I would never cast an encouraging word to anybody that enjoys "no snowboards"...

The only place I ever skied with no boarders was Taos, but I'm almost certain they've since changed that policy.That was like 1998 or something :snow:

I've no problem with the shredders. I tried it a few times and enjoyed myself immensely, the only though in my head though was, "Do I want to be an average skier and and average snowboarder, or would I rather excel at skiing?", so I stuck with the skiing. And love it!

dmc

not sure why we need to bust on this guy. Yeah, he likes MRG but he doesn't go out of his way to mention the no snowboard thing, in you face etc (at least not that I could see)., Plus the focus of his site is adaptive ski instruction, which as I understand it benefits the handicapped...

Keep on keepin on Ryan.

http://skitillidie.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/ski-stories-the-gap/

Mad River Glen is one of my favorite mountains of all time. All natural, no snowboarders, and the single chair to the peak.

Cannonball

The Ski Til I Die blog may be the most mysterious site on the web. I can't tell if it's a huge spoof on the "dude ethic" or if it's sincere. Half the time it's "We’re an inclusive community...." the other half of the time it's "....always look to school people" (Those quotes are literally in the same sentence on the site).

One thing I do know is that he managed to get the hottest model on the web to sell his schwag http://www.skitillidie.com/ (sister?)