• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

EVs - New Hampshire gets it right

2Planker

Yup. Fun fact? I grew up only about 10 miles from him. His estate had these massive iron gates with big cursive "D's on each side - I remember as a kid thinking it was pretty cool. Trump wound up buying the place about 25 years ago and turned it into a golf course.
Correct. Originally called Lamington Farm, Trump turned it into Trump National Golf Course, Bedminster NJ w/ 2 championship 18 hole courses

Internet Ski Pro

I worked at Seabrook Station during the construction. Should have finished Unit# 2 and built the sister stations around New England as originally planned. Construction costs on the second unit where much cheaper than the first. the only answer we have for relatively clean base load power is a nuke plant.
Im gonna have to ask my dad, but im pretty sure he worked on Seabrook in some way. Based on when it was completed, it was likely he was working for an engineering firm that was doing some kind of work. My father loved nukes. so much that there was a family vacation to NH, and i am almost positive we saw some submarines, and went for some type of tour at Seabrook. Having some flashbacks also about my mom possibly wanting to divorce my dad on that trip..........i dont think my mom was into subs and nukes for some reason.

• Haha
Reactions: Edd

1dog

BenedictGomez

Originally called Lamington Farm, Trump turned it into Trump National Golf Course, Bedminster NJ w/ 2 championship 18 hole courses

It's absolutely beautiful there. Rolling hills of country, with mostly horse farm after horse farm save for that golf course. Deer paradise too because it's perfect habitat for them and the riches don't hunt.

1dog

Watch GMP rates double or triple. . . not to mention the fugly windmill farms that Swedish study claims throws off more CO2 ( the cement foundation) than it saves.

Whats the most expensive part of running a ski operation ( besides labor)? Gotta be the juice.

They have 5 years to get this 'right'?

djd66

Watch GMP rates double or triple. . . not to mention the fugly windmill farms that Swedish study claims throws off more CO2 ( the cement foundation) than it saves.

Whats the most expensive part of running a ski operation ( besides labor)? Gotta be the juice.

They have 5 years to get this 'right'?
That was my first though when I read the article. 1) the time line is crazy 2) the cost to make snow will be a shit ton

drjeff

And all of the "affordable" housing they want to build and need to, will suddenly be less affordable to both build and live in... So then they'll be further calls to increase the minimum wage, then the costs of goods and services goes up, then those who may benefit from an increase in the minimum wage either can't afford things still or may (if applicable) find that their job position gets automated out. A very predictable cycle that we have seen play out time and time again over the years, with those creating policy often in denial of the economic reality some of the policies they create have

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Then there is VT…

OMG this is hysterical! If it was April 1st I would have assumed it was a joke.

This will just get revised out-of-existence and/or pushed off "5 more years", five or six years from now, so ultimately it's completely meaningless, but that isn't the point. The point is all the far-left Vermont politicians get to virtue-signal today & give themselves a little self-esteem boost & say what wonderful people they are (better than you) to all their far-left buddies. That and all the naive Vermont liberals who haven't the slightest inkling that this is absurd will say what wonderful people their leaders are.

And of course, whatever "progress" is made on this will just serve to increase both taxes and sales expenses for actual Vermont citizens.

letitsnow1

They have a wood burning power plant in VT that they call renewable, it gives off more emissions than a natural gas plant and they cut down a ton of trees down to power it

cdskier

That was my first though when I read the article. 1) the time line is crazy 2) the cost to make snow will be a shit ton

What was more crazy to me was reading through the comments on the article. Apparently there are quite a few delusional people living in VT.

BenedictGomez

What was more crazy to me was reading through the comments on the article. Apparently there are quite a few delusional people living in VT.

While there are certainly more "delusional people living in VT" than in most states, to be fair, consider the source of the page.
If you're reading that website to begin with, you're likely all in on everything environmental, short of executing humans.

djd66

Yes the ones who were born there and didn't move there because of some dream of what they thought VT was then started to make it that way.
up until 1988, VT always was reliable republican state, now it has completely flipped. But yeah - there are plenty of Republicans in VT

BenedictGomez

You mean, there’re “Vermont citizens” who are not “far left”?

Lots of them. Typically the ones who are 1 zillionth generation Vermonter, born and raised & whose family hunt and fish and drive (probably) pick-up trucks.

And very often, they don't vote.

1dog

hope these open!

bigbob

They have a wood burning power plant in VT that they call renewable, it gives off more emissions than a natural gas plant and they cut down a ton of trees down to power it
Butt they use battery powered chain saws and electric skidders, chippers and trucks to bring it to said power plant so it must be "Green"! Fully approved by the State of VT government.