• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fat Lady Thread 2017

machski

A FB groomers group page post from last night had a winch cat operator from K posting a through the windshield pic of snow farming from lower Skyelark to push over to Superstar - K may very well (officially atleast) be down to just Superstar come their reopening on Saturday.....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
Forget that, check K-Zone from last weekend. Mid Skylark was down to a slush strip. At least SS still looked solid coverage-wise.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

skiur

Saturday is looking like the better day now, some showers in the morning but the sun looks like it will be shining on superstar in the afternoon.

jack97

I'm done.... I was hoping to get one more weekend but chores and a nagging muscle pull got me thinking to call it a season. A good one I would say, lots of great times on the slope that will put a smile on my face for just thinking about them.

Can't wait till the start of the next season.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Last edited:

Jcb890

I'm debating trying to squeeze in a few hours before the rain Saturday or waiting until next weekend. Next weekend looks nice as of now, but we're pretty far away still.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Update: MSS announced extra wkend of skiing. New closing date: May 21. Kmart still going until the snow melts or June.

I didn't get to ski last weekend, definitely will try to get some this weekend.

Same old, same old...for a 5th year in a row. ;) MSS and Kmart open this weekend.

Consistent as a Mothers’ Day in May – Eastern Closing Thread 2017 – Past 7

https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2017/05/10/consistent-as-a-mothers-day-in-may-eastern-closing-thread-2017-past-7/

machski

Well, K was mostly sunny to start at 9 but quickly went to mostly cloudy. Great corn snow, not too wet mush with the clouds. Couple pics:
b380bbfcf8c27d2a03184cdc9b355490.jpg
71ede9de55eedbd44b0f2719e4f19d49.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Domeskier

Very nice, indeed. Unfortunately, this weekend promises to be yet another washout. It looks like they should have no problem doing a few more weekends, at least.