• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First in New Hampshire

snowmaker4191

Website
www.snowhill.com.50megs.com
I would have to guess crotched, as they have shown they are not afraid to fire up the guns. although with last years thaw they may take it easy. but my bet is still crotched. Sunapee has had a few good chances but has not fired up as to my knowlage.

tcharron

I would have to guess crotched, as they have shown they are not afraid to fire up the guns. although with last years thaw they may take it easy. but my bet is still crotched. Sunapee has had a few good chances but has not fired up as to my knowlage.

Attitash. I WISH Crotched had been blowing snow, but I suspect it won't be until next week. No idea why besides being gunshy after last year.

Vortex

Watervillle has a sat opening date posted. They probably could open high country today, but they mostly likely will stay with Sat and try to expand to the north lift.

I did look at some pictures of Attitash today. did not lookp promising.

WJenness

It won't be Loon... Kind of surprising considering what Boyne did at the Loaf and the River.

Loon homepage said:
Snowmaking Update:
We're finishing work on the new South Peak lifts and plan to begin snowmaking next week for opening November 21st!
Initial snowmaking will be: Exodus to Upper Flying Fox to Crosscut

If that is all they open (Exodus to UFF to Crosscut, will that mean downloading on the gondola? Gondola to the top -> loops to east basin double until you get bored -> gondola back to the base? That strikes me as wildly inefficient, but I suppose when you have terrain as awkward as Loon does, how else would you do it?

(Random aside: Just looked at the Loon Trail Map (static) and they've renamed Upper Flying Fox to Flying Fox... I suppose that makes sense, as why have an upper without a lower... did there used to be a lower?)

-w

Vortex

Lower flying fox is know the terrain park. 7 or 8 years ago when they opening this weekend I believe. They had up load on the Gondola, exodus, upper flying fox and upper picked rock into Grand junction, then linc back to the east basin. That was the plan for a few years. To get to the base they work on Lower picked and use the cut across to linc the Governors lodge and use brookway to linc a beginner run to the bottom...very narrow flat trail not much snowmaking needed to ge to the bottom.

When the wheel on the gondola broke they opened lower picked and used the west basin as the lodge and had lower moutain 1st. Last few years its been Waterville the weekend before turkey day Loon a day before turkey day if possible. All depends on how much snow making takes place.

I expect a new plan when Loon and Waterville are not on the same pass.

Vortex

I'll count the sunday as a possible day. The beginner lift does not count IMO. No issue with them doing it. its just not really open. Glad to see them being agressive again. I gave them alot of props a few years ago. Still like the shot BW! took:razz:.

Must be cause snowseek had moved on.:spin:

SIKSKIER

Bretton Woods is it

It's here! Bretton Woods will open on Saturday, November 10!

We will be firing up the Learning Center Quad chairlift, servicing the Rosebrook Lane trail at 8am. Look for a few terrain park elements to be in place in an early-season version of the all-new Toy Box terrain park. As always, lift tickets for the LCQ are free!

Come on up and help us celebrate the start to a new skiing and riding season!! For the latest details, please call the Bretton Woods snow phone at 603.278.3333 or the operations office at 603.278.3320.

Be sure to check back for the latest details! Plus - our all-new snow report page, featuring a full conditions, lift and trail report, will be live very soon!

Vortex

You like me waved as we crossed 302.

Glad to see them being agressive again. BW has alot to offer. I have enjoyed early and late season turns here. That was the attraction fo me.

SIKSKIER

Although I'm no fan of Bunny Woods,I will be there Saturday to get the kinks out.That's really only cuz I get free reciprocating tickets from my Cannon pass.Hey,at least their open.Cannon's effort looked pretty lame this past weekend.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Although I'm no fan of Bunny Woods,I will be there Saturday to get the kinks out.That's really only cuz I get free reciprocating tickets from my Cannon pass.Hey,at least their open.Cannon's effort looked pretty lame this past weekend.
Did they actually blow snow? It didn't look like it from 93 on my way back from Jay but thus the lame aspect.