• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Found brochure from ski lodge dad used to own

ajl50

So I knew that my dad used to own/manage a restaurant in Vermont. I also knew that my mom used to go there when they were dating to help him run it and would also go skiing nearby at Magic Mountain. As I didn't grow up downhill skiing there wasn't much talk about this as my dad is no longer in the restaurant business. Not until I have really gotten into skiing over the last several years has this venture resurfaced. A little conversation with my parents revealed to my surprise that the restaurant was in fact a ski lodge at Magic Mountain (cool). A little rummaging by my mom turned up this pamphlet and a menu (too large to scan.)

Anybody ever been to this place?

magic_mountain_lodge_no_name.jpg

Chalet_Swiss_cover_4.jpg

insert_1.jpg

insert_rates_1.jpg
\

(p.s.-I'll take the modified american plan at those prices.)

Grassi21

Very cool. I like how they served an sized portions from the hearth.

MrMagic

thats great !!!!! see you where born to ski! or maybe run a lodge, either way thanks for shareing. awsome brochure

cheers,
chris

MarkC

Just curious, what year are those prices from? Seems like a great deal. Very cool!!

shwilly

Cool, looks like a nice place. "Free ski movies" .... they knew their market.

I only have one question....what are those folks doing in front of the fire?:-o :razz:

ajl50

The silouhette chick is hot.

I'll make sure to pass that along to my mom.
(just kidding.....Please god let me be just kidding)

those prices are from...somewhere between 1975 and 1978.

JimG.

Staff member
I skied at Magic about 2 weeks ago...that place is still there and looks pretty much unchanged from the brochure. I commented that it looks like a place where my family and I would have a good time.

ajl50

Any pictures of the current version?
I'm hoping to get any pictures from the inside...I think my dad who is chronic thow-out-everything kinda guy has none.

mlctvt

I’m quite certain I stayed at this Lodge sometime during the 80/81, 81/82 season!
I was in college at the time. Several friends and I would ski Magic on a Friday, stay overnight then head to Killington for Saturday and Sunday. I remember the prices were reasonable but I can’t remember too much else about the place, except is was close to the mountain. Even though I was a beginning skier, Magic was one of my favorite mountains back then. I haven’t skied there since the 80s- I’ve got to make sure I get back there this year.

Sorcerer

That picture of the building looks like the one at the bottom of the Magic access road. If it is, it currently contains Snow Wizzard ski shop, Magic Pizza and apartments on top. I think I remember a restaurant called Post Horn in the building.

gladerider

yeah, i saw it on my way to okemo. it is still there...coolness

bvibert

Staff member
yeah, i saw it on my way to okemo. it is still there...coolness

You drove by Magic to go to Okemo? :blink:

Should have just stopped at Magic instead. Where were you coming from that you went by Magic on your way to Okemo??