• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Free cat

awf170

Slightly used, minimal wear though. Not sure what year he is since I found him, probably and '06 or an '07. Only a few changes have been made in the model since '05 (slightly bushier tail + more aerodynamic head) so the older models are still good.

Dimensions are 198-156-180. Turn radius is 3, using this calculator And he is 61.2cm long (with tail). If only measure effective edge like K2 does then he is only 41.4 cm.

Recently sharpened claws so he hold very well on ice. Short hair and small turn radius make him very good on icy new england trails, but extra bushy tail give him that extra float on those occasionally NE powder days. Basically the perfect all mountain cat.

I'm really not kidding. Anyone want this thing? He seems like a pretty good cat, and I'm going to give him to the animal shelter (they won't take him for at least another week though) if no one wants him. I'll meet up for a bike ride or something if any wants him.

dmc

Why are you getting rid of him?
How tough is it to take care of a cat... I mean... really.. You don't have to walk it.. They not attention whores like dogs... And they eat rodents - so they actually perform a task...

awf170

Why are you getting rid of him?
How tough is it to take care of a cat... I mean... really.. You don't have to walk it.. They not attention whores like dogs... And they eat rodents - so they actually perform a task...

I already have two cats. Two cats means you want the cats to have a friend. Three cats means you're an insane cat person.

eatskisleep

Tell that to my over 18 year old outdoor cat .. he does have a insulated cat house..

Wow I didn't see this when I posted. Problem with indoor cats is they don't know how to survive outside if they ever get let out by accident, and off they go into the wild...

Dr Skimeister

Tell that to my over 18 year old outdoor cat .. he does have a insulated cat house..

Our cat is an outdoor cat and it is almost 19. Still hunts and everything too.

I'm happy for both of you and your cats with that longevity. For each of them there are lots and lots of what could have been their contemporaries that bit the big one much younger. Cars, fight wounds, disease are hazards that house-kept cats don't have to contend with.

Last edited:

dmc

2 indoor cats that go outside only when monitored...

SkiDork

question for you cat experts: If you get a kitten, can you make it an outdoor cat immediately? How would that be done? What sort of house would you need to build? Thanks in advance - my daughter wants a kitten (7 years old) and a neighbor is giving some away. But my wife doesn't want a cat in the house and I tend to agree with her. So we've been telling he no. But if we were to keep it outside, we might be able to swing it.

cbcbd

question for you cat experts: If you get a kitten, can you make it an outdoor cat immediately? How would that be done? What sort of house would you need to build? Thanks in advance - my daughter wants a kitten (7 years old) and a neighbor is giving some away. But my wife doesn't want a cat in the house and I tend to agree with her. So we've been telling he no. But if we were to keep it outside, we might be able to swing it.
When I've had or seen outdoor cats I think that usually meant that they could come in the house and would, usually for the night, but would maybe spend a lot of time outside during the day... didn't really mean that they were kept outside and relegated to the outdoors 100% in a little cat house.
I think that if you or your wife don't want a cat in the house then don't get a cat and let your daughter go visit your neighbors.

funny-pictures-time-paradox-cats.jpg

wa-loaf

When I've had or seen outdoor cats I think that usually meant that they could come in the house and would, usually for the night, but would maybe spend a lot of time outside during the day... didn't really mean that they were kept outside and relegated to the outdoors 100% in a little cat house.
I think that if you or your wife don't want a cat in the house then don't get a cat and let your daughter go visit your neighbors.

True, if the cat is full-time outdoors then he is a barn cat and won't likely be interested in being pet or played with. Outdoor cat simply means a cat that can come and go as it pleases. You still need to deal with litter boxes and feeding them.

dmc

Agreed... there's a lot of nasty critters on LI.. Racoons.. Opposum... Coyottes... Any one of them will tangle with a cat.. Not to mention what other "feral" cats will do to a domestic cat.

Nobody wants a beat up cat coming home and dying on the porch...

tree_skier

funny-pictures-time-paradox-cats.jpg

How'ed you get a picture of my cat

dmc

...and neutering/spaying, keeping up with yearly shots, keeping ticks off (lyme disease)...

Feline leukemia and feline aids too... Saw that sh@t rip through the feral cat population where i lived in NJ.. devastating...