• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Free cat

Dr Skimeister

question for you cat experts: If you get a kitten, can you make it an outdoor cat immediately? How would that be done? What sort of house would you need to build? Thanks in advance - my daughter wants a kitten (7 years old) and a neighbor is giving some away. But my wife doesn't want a cat in the house and I tend to agree with her. So we've been telling he no. But if we were to keep it outside, we might be able to swing it.

You might suggest to the neighbor to have Mama cat spayed so they don't have another crop of kittens to be giving away again in the fall.

dmc

You might suggest to the neighbor to have Mama cat spayed so they don't have another crop of kittens to be giving away again in the fall.

stoned.jpg

dmc

One more... I love this stuff... I know it's... nevermind...

funny-pictures-why-your-cat-cannot-stop-gaming.jpg

ed-drum

Yep, just doing what they were trained to do. Better than having vermin all over the place. An overabundance of rodents is a breeding ground for pestilence and disease. Voles can breed as many as 300 of those critters per acre. Mouse droppings are also a breeding ground for aspergillus mold, which can kill us if inhaled in sufficient quantities. Mice also eat all of our garden seedlings if not kept in check. That is why farms have "barn cats". The ancient Egyptians had the death penalty for harming cats. Cats can paint too! I'm a triple Leo, so I'm a cat also. Ed.