• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Game On!

dlague

Hasn't changed much! This is the problem with opening days - few trails, tons of people and one chairlift open.

abasincam1.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd show up at 2:30 when the lift line has died down, the party is raging at the Beach and there's probably some bumps formed.

Tin

In terms of out here....not good. Looking long term K might not have sustainable snow making weather (3+ days) for the Ridge area until mid November.

BenedictGomez

This is the problem with opening days - few trails, tons of people and one chairlift open.

I cant imagine tolerating or even bothering with that kind of a line for a WROD. In my mind, I LOVE skiing, but clearly there are people who "love" it far more than I do.

skiNEwhere

ABasin line at 9:16 this morning

View attachment 14046

This actually wasn't as bad as it looks. I was in the singles line (the one going back the furthest), and only waited 15 minutes at around 9:15. Around 10, they expanded the singles lane from 2 to 4 lanes so in future pics the line doesn't look as long. After 10, the longest te line got was 25 minutes. So long, but not the 45 minutes I was expecting.

4aprice

I cant imagine tolerating or even bothering with that kind of a line for a WROD. In my mind, I LOVE skiing, but clearly there are people who "love" it far more than I do.

Couldn't agree more. I'll wait thank you very much. Funny when you think about the fact that in April you have 100X the terrain and not too many souls to be found.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

benski

Did they make snow on one of the shortest runs just to say they are open first? From what i am reading, Loveland is focusing on more than a single run. So technically who is the better early season opener. One trail to day or multiple trails in a week from now?
A basin because having one trail open this weekend means you are closer to opening multiple trails next week.

Quietman

Did they make snow on one of the shortest runs just to say they are open first? From what i am reading, Loveland is focusing on more than a single run. So technically who is the better early season opener. One trail to day or multiple trails in a week from now?

Loveland is working on one way down, comprised of 3 trail segments. It's longer(beginner) and a few hundred feet more vert. than A-Basin

skiNEwhere

Yep. Loveland is longer, but also flatter. While the lift line, the parking lot, and the bar were packed, the trail itself was not bad. Not sure why "love" is in quotes in BG's thread either.

skiNEwhere

It was like spring skiing too. I think it was over 50. Climate is pretty volatile this season.

skiNEwhere

Loveland is working on one way down, comprised of 3 trail segments. It's longer(beginner) and a few hundred feet more vert. than A-Basin

Loveland isn't opening anytime soon.

I took this pic 2 days ago, no snow has been blow since then either with temps in the 50's.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1413579212.803112.jpg

That's at least 200 yards of snow that needs to be blown to make it to lift 1(not in picture but to my left)

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1413579415.815891.jpg

Yep no snowmaking in the distant future.

dlague

Yup read that in their blog - too warm right now. Said snow making conditions look to be better later in the week next week.

Loveland isn't opening anytime soon.

I took this pic 2 days ago, no snow has been blow since then either with temps in the 50's.

View attachment 14050

That's at least 200 yards of snow that needs to be blown to make it to lift 1(not in picture but to my left)

View attachment 14051

Yep no snowmaking in the distant future.