• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Get out and vote today!

Warp Daddy

NY switched this election from the old pull the lever system to fill in the circle sheets.
-I used to be in and out of the machine in less than a minute. Now it takes way longer causing a nice back up at the polling place.
-I had a marker with no ink left in it, that had to be replaced.
-The new paper is around 2 feet wide. It needs to fit in the "privacy desk" that is around 1 foot wide.

NY offer's no privacy in this system at all . Anyone casually walking by can and will see everything , your # is cross- referenced with the sign in process and probably within the actual scan report - the whole process is Byzantine -- we live in 2010 and THIS is the BEST we can do ??

Oh Yeah , I forgot , my bad -- this IS NYS, the home of dysfunction - where's SNL on this one ?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
NY offer's no privacy in this system at all . Anyone casually walking by can and will see everything , your # is cross- referenced with the sign in process and probably within the actual scan report - the whole process is Byzantine -- we live in 2010 and THIS is the BEST we can do ??

Oh Yeah , I forgot , my bad -- this IS NYS, the home of dysfunction - where's SNL on this one ?

This is what we have in CT, too. You're not alone. Like I said, that was our so-called upgrade. Though I'm not sure about the # cross reference thing. A different table handed out the sheets than where I signed in.

Warp Daddy

This is what we have in CT, too. You're not alone. Like I said, that was our so-called upgrade. Though I'm not sure about the # cross reference thing. A different table handed out the sheets than where I signed in.

I guess i failed to realize that CONN was as screwed up as NY :D -- Gee i thought we lead the league in bureaucratic stupidity :D . Our pointy -headed bureaucrats are all crowing about how good this NEW system is ! Laffable but sad .

wa-loaf

I guess i failed to realize that CONN was as screwed up as NY :D -- Gee i thought we lead the league in bureaucratic stupidity :D . Our pointy -headed bureaucrats are all crowing about how good this NEW system is ! Laffable but sad .

Never got to use the lever type voting. Everywhere I've ever voted (over 24 years now) in ME, RI, and MA has had the fill in the circle or connect the arrows with varying amounts of privacy. RI made it easy for the ultra partisans with a party line option. Fill in the circle for all Democrats or all Republicans.

I don't trust the Touch Screen systems unless there is a paper record of the vote you can review. Not to mention the engineers of those things haven't spent any money on usability testing ...

gorgonzola

we gots electronic polls down here in pennsyltucky but you gots to go to the state store or a beer distibutor to wash your vote down! thank god election day is tuesday and not sunday....

WakeboardMom

Privacy? What am I missing? You guys don't have a "voting booth?"

I've been here 30 years, and we've always had to color something, either arrows or circles. There's only one polling place. It's in the gym of the middle school.

The school's gym is filled with little cubicle-type structures that are about 8-feet high and 4-feet wide (each). You enter into it through a little red, white and blue curtain and inside there's a shelf/desk where you fill out your ballot.

You walk to the end of the gym and put your ballot face down into the scanner. If there are two sides to the ballot, there's may be an issue at that point, but otherwise it's completely private.

Warp Daddy

I've been here 30 years, and we've always had to color something, either arrows or circles. There's only one polling place. It's in the gym of the middle school.

The school's gym is filled with little cubicle-type structures that are about 8-feet high and 4-feet wide (each). You enter into it through a little red, white and blue curtain and inside there's a shelf/desk where you fill out your ballot.

You walk to the end of the gym and put your ballot face down into the scanner. If there are two sides to the ballot, there's may be an issue at that point, but otherwise it's completely private.

Nope -- NONE of that - just a little desk like thingy about 18 inches wide with sides raised about 24 inches , open to view over the sides or the back which is COMPLETELY open , The scanner is on a table with folks walking by less than 2 ft away --

wa-loaf

Most of us have these thingy's:

scene%20at%20polling%20place.jpg