• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Glen Ellen 3/8-3/9

JimG.

Staff member
Mt. Ellen was so good last week I just had to get back up there on Tues-Wed to take advantage of the big snowfall.

Hands down these were the 2 best days of my 10/11 season.

The usual bump runs (Black Diamond, Bravo, Exterminator, Cliffs, Hammerhead, Tumbler, and several intermediate bump trails) were spectacular. But the place to be was in the woods.

No problem finding woods shots as pretty much the whole mountain was fair game. Spent alot of time over in Tumbler woods and the Moose Run woods. I also made the effort to get over to the Inverness area. Over there, Semi-tough woods were the only place I went that actually had traffic...Brambles woods and Walt's woods were almost untouched.

The snow was a bit heavy but held up well the 2 days I was there. I was shot by the end of the day yesterday...my last run of the day down Tumbler resulted in a total yard sale at the bottom of the last pitch on the trail. All I could do was laugh...too tired to turn 'em anymore!

Great trip.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Great reports. Thanks. Brambles Woods is my favorite, but it is now discovered. Oh well.

JimG.

Staff member
Good skiing with you Tuesday, JimG! Glad you made it for some of the best conditions you could ask for :D

Patrick, how could I forget we got to ski a few runs together?

You my friend are an excellent skier...and you are obviously intent on a career in the ski industry.

Good for you! Keep it up and I hope to ski again with you soon!