• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Glen Plake goes to Elan

Rushski

Ski or Skiing (October issue of one of those) just had an interesting article on Plake. It tells of how we was originally with K2, then they dumped him and then got him back. Not surprised he went with Elan as they just joined forces with Dalbello which he now wears...

Personally not a K2 fan myself, think Elan has been more forward thinking for quite some time. K2 still makes some easy turners though.

highpeaksdrifter

Ski or Skiing (October issue of one of those) just had an interesting article on Plake. It tells of how we was originally with K2, then they dumped him and then got him back. Not surprised he went with Elan as they just joined forces with Dalbello which he now wears...

Personally not a K2 fan myself, think Elan has been more forward thinking for quite some time. K2 still makes some easy turners though.

You make 3 good points, all right on IMO.

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
As a huge fan of Elan skis I am glad to see Plake on them. I have been on Elans for three years now (despite working for an unnamed high profile ski company). These skis rip, and have done nothing but support my ludicrous habits in skiing. I have a pair of older M12 fusions, that I find as one of the most stable skis out there... I'm a huge fan of their product and stoked to see Plake supporting them!

I hope Plake is up in the ravine this year for the inferno as he was two years ago!

On another note, Plake also holds my favorite segement in any ski movie, in "Snowhat" when he climbs a really gnarly rock outcropping with his skis, then keeps slipping and finally gets to the top. It looks like he is ready to huck his meat, but he steps out of his bindings, throws his skis off the rock, and then jumps with his poles. Makes a nice little landing, and starts pretending to ski. Man I love that segement!

Good on you plake!

AHM

Got a big mountain following.............

Not a fan of K2 myself, but their big mountain following is huge. I have a pr of Made'n AK's and they are a benchmark big pow ski. Seems I remember Salida talking about some Pontoons, and PM'ing someone on some Enemies, so I think along with a room full of Elans, he might just have a closet full of K2's.........................

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
Not a fan of K2 myself, but their big mountain following is huge. I have a pr of Made'n AK's and they are a benchmark big pow ski. Seems I remember Salida talking about some Pontoons, and PM'ing someone on some Enemies, so I think along with a room full of Elans, he might just have a closet full of K2's.........................

Right on accounts 1 and 2, wrong on the 3rd... I do wish I had a pair of pontoons though. I have never tried a reverse camber ski of the Pontoons proportions and would love to get my hands on a pair! I did also look at the Made'ns that were up for grabs but never got a return back. Also, I have yet to ski the Elan 1111, their big mountain swallow tail. Got a peak at it in Portillo this summer, but haven't riden on that bad boy yet.

If anyone wants to hook me up with a closet full of K2's though I wouldn't object!

PS I'll take my pontoons in 189 thank you very much. Shane's helmet cam in the new MSP is pretty sick, it really highlights his new skis...

highpeaksdrifter

To quote Dr. Strangeglove, "Plake is for sale...."

I disagree with what your statement implies, that he is prostituting himself. His business is skiing and he makes a good chuck of change endorsing ski gear. No different then other athletes in other sports.

In your line of work would you feel unethical taking a position that would be more lucrative for you?