• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Goode Skis

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Are Goode skis something new? I know of their poles, but that is about it. NASTAR has signed them on as the "official ski". Has anyone here ever used them? Opinions?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
No, don't own them, never tried them... they're CF instead of fiberglass, which make a lot of people nervous (for no good reason, IMHO).

They're inredibly light especially for their size and are well suited to touring. If I ever have an unltralight touring set up, it will be Dynafit mounted to Goode skis. Greg Hill skis exclusively on Goode's. I don't know as though they're really worth the cost for a downhill ski, plus there are a lot of downhill situations where have mass in the ski is beneficial.

skibum9995

They're not new, but not very common. I first saw them 6 or 7 years ago at Sport Thoma in Woodstock. There were a few people on them at NASTAR Nationals last year.

BLESS

a friend of mine who skis a ton, says they're the best skiis he's ever owned. They're super $ tho.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Definitely been around for a while but man are they expensive. I would love to try a pair, not sure I would ever pony up two to three times the cost of a regular ski though.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Definitely been around for a while but man are they expensive. I would love to try a pair, not sure I would ever pony up two to three times the cost of a regular ski though.

Let's me and you split the cost of an autoclave... serious, we make about two pairs of skis and probably come out on top.

drjeff

Let's me and you split the cost of an autoclave... serious, we make about two pairs of skis and probably come out on top.

Hey, I've got an autoclave in my office. The only problem is you couldn't make a ski longer than about 45cm in it ;) :rolleyes: