• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Keeping an eye on Windham

urungus

Much discussion about real estate and food, but very few details about “increased snowmaking, and upgrades to existing lift infrastructure”

slatham

Thanks for posting. Wish they had some info about trail/pod development on the East side - lots of potential.

Although based only on visual, it appears they are loosing more parking from left of resort drive than they are adding to the right where the lower carpet area is now parking.

4aprice

Much discussion about real estate and food, but very few details about “increased snowmaking, and upgrades to existing lift infrastructure”
Windham is pretty good with lift upgrades. They just replaced a fixed grip with a new hs quad in their terrain park area last year. The lodge is very nice there as well.
Yes, so I can think abut what I'm having for lunch while waiting on 20 minute lift lines.
Don't get there too much so I have not experienced the crowds that I'm sure they are capable of drawing

urungus

cdskier

The most recent social media posts are super weird. Also weird that it seems their IG account only has those 3 most recent posts and deleted all older ones...

urungus

I wonder if the recent addition to IKON of Camelback and Blue Mountain of Pennsylvania, was a defensive move to protect the NYC market, in anticipation of Windham going private and dropping off the IKON pass.

BenedictGomez

"Season passes and tickets will be available for all." - means it's not going private. Maybe it's getting sold.

Tonyr

It looks like the owners are trying to take the resort private and the locals are trying to block it....

RH29

Belleayre is going to be overran compared to what it's always been. Hope they expand

RH29

That website seems like it was written by and for the snootiest and most stuck up assholes in all of lower Manhattan. Yuck.

zyk

Belleayre is going to be overran compared to what it's always been. Hope they expand
Hunter will also probably get hit with more crowds. Its only 10 miles from Windham.