• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'GoPro caused Schumacher injury'- report

skiNEwhere

Looking at his whole career in general, I find it ironic (for lack of a better word) that he got this injury skiing, rather than racing at 200mph which you'd figure would have a much higher potential for serious injury.

Sad either way.

darent

Looking at his whole career in general, I find it ironic (for lack of a better word) that he got this injury skiing, rather than racing at 200mph which you'd figure would have a much higher potential for serious injury.

Sad either way.
His career in racing and those risk he took, I wonder if he ever sued after one of his crashes.Doesn't seem like the kind of person who would sue over a skiing crash that he initiated.

MadMadWorld

His career in racing and those risk he took, I wonder if he ever sued after one of his crashes.Doesn't seem like the kind of person who would sue over a skiing crash that he initiated.

Bingo. I bet they will actually use this against him in court. If anyone should understand the risks involved in a sport like skiing it would be him

kartski

Ayrton Senna's death was wrapped up in the Courts for over a decade. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Ayrton_Senna "The Williams team was entangled for many years in a court case with Italian prosecutors over manslaughter charges, ending in a guilty verdict for Patrick Head. The Italian Supreme Court, on 13 April 2007, stated the following in the verdict numbered 15050: "It has been determined that the accident was caused by a steering column failure. This failure was caused by badly designed and badly executed modifications. The responsibility of this falls on Patrick Head, culpable of omitted control""

C-Rex

I don't think Schumacher himself would sue. I'd imagine he's too familiar with risk to try to blame someone. And it's not like he needs the money. I doubt this put more than a mild dent in his fortune after insurance paid out. However, if it's left in the hands of his family, that's a different story. Loved ones are far more likely to look for someone to blame than the victims themselves.